Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree there is alot of idiots in the military (yes even the AF) and I understand that prior service does not mean you will make it/be make a good cop. I was just saying that because for the process's I have went through so far it seemed like laterals and military get shotgunned to the front of the pack...again this is just what I have noticed so far....so when I see that laterals are not a factor it just got me all excited...I didn't mean to offend anybody....I hope the best person for the job gets it!
    Guns kill people, like spoons make people fat!

Mesa PD
    Passed Written
    Passed Physical
    Passed Oral
    Background Interview Complete
    Polygraph-Passed
    Written Communication Test- 2 Feb

Comment

Originally posted by SVRIC View Post
      so when I see that laterals are not a factor it just got me all excited...

Keep in mind, there may be more out of state Laterals applying for the position than you think! Allot of out of State agencies pay far below what Mesa starts their recruits at. I'm sure that Mesa would rub there hands together in excitement at the thought of experienced officers willing to work for their Recruit pay.

I'm just saying.

Good luck to all.
      Last edited by whiteguy1; 11-03-2009, 07:16 PM.

Comment

again I understand but out of state laterals still have to go through the academy just like a newbie so the same amount of money is spent.....from a buddy of mine who is a recruiter said military experience and out of state laterals at least for his department is viewed as equal since the same amount of money has to spent for training...I see your from N. Carolina and have 4years of experience so if you are applying I hope you do get hired....I just hope I can snag one of those 25 spots as well....I wonder about the people Mesa hired and then laid them off in the middle of the academy...I would hope they would be getting another shot at it
        Guns kill people, like spoons make people fat!

Mesa PD
        Passed Written
        Passed Physical
        Passed Oral
        Background Interview Complete
        Polygraph-Passed
        Written Communication Test- 2 Feb

Comment

Most likely the grant is restricted to funding brand new recruits which is why laterals are out. IF people were laid off during an academy and didn't get certified, they'd be in the same boat as any other non-certified applicant.
          NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by SVRIC View Post
            again I understand but out of state laterals still have to go through the academy just like a newbie so the same amount of money is spent.....from a buddy of mine who is a recruiter said military experience and out of state laterals at least for his department is viewed as equal since the same amount of money has to spent for training...I see your from N. Carolina and have 4years of experience so if you are applying I hope you do get hired....I just hope I can snag one of those 25 spots as well....I wonder about the people Mesa hired and then laid them off in the middle of the academy...I would hope they would be getting another shot at it

For future reference, from the AZ POST website (http://www.azpost.state.az.us/CertWaiver.htm)

"Individuals who have served honorably as a peace officer in Arizona and their certification as a peace officer has lapsed, or in another state or a federal agency, may be eligible to gain Arizona POST certification through Waiver Testing in lieu of attending an Arizona peace officer basic course at an academy. To be eligible, a person must:
            1.Have previously served as a certified peace officer in Arizona, another state, or federal agency 2.Have completed basic and advanced training that demonstrates substantial comparability to the Arizona basic course 3.Obtain an appointment from an Arizona Law Enforcement Agency 4.Meet all of the minimum qualifications for certification as an Arizona Peace Officer"
            (basically out of state laterals can challenge either the 2 part exam, or 7 part depending on the Officers experience).

That being said, I cant afford the pay cut to apply as a recruit. BTW, I'm not "FROM" NC, nor do I claim it, just live here...lol! I'm an Aussie, who lived in az for 5 years, and want to move back!

Good luck SVRIC! I know you have been applying to allot of agencies, hang in there, it will pay off, with 25 positions at Mesa your chances are better than anywhere else. You will not regret being a part of the best professions ever. Thanks for your service also!
            Last edited by whiteguy1; 11-03-2009, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Mesa recruit pay is higher than most states???? Ummmm, no. I want to lateral into Mesa but 1)can't afford the massive paycut 2) rather not go through another full academy unless it's federal.

Good luck to all those applying! I did several ridealongs down there before the economy turned -GREAT department. I was thoroughly impressed.
              Last edited by DaShadoes; 11-04-2009, 09:48 AM.

Comment

If there are any laterals applying to Mesa right now, they probably will not pass the drug test, I think you're safe.

Comment

why's that?
                  "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Big Red View Post
                    If there are any laterals applying to Mesa right now, they probably will not pass the drug test, I think you're safe.
                    Yes. Pray tell where the eff THAT statement came from!
                    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

It's a joke, but seriously, only someone who wants to make less money would transfer to Mesa right now.

Comment

I'm coming from Chicago, I'm guessing they're expecting a lot of out of town applicants? We have a couple of days planned just for us.

Comment

It said that you had to be at least 21 by Oct 08, 2010 to test for this list....You guys think that means they wont start a academy class until June/July since Mesa academy is 20 weeks long and you have to be at least 21 at time of graduation??

Comment

I just dont see them letting someone test who turns 21 in july and plan on having a Academy class in jan...unless they plan on having more than one class for the 25 spots which I dont see them doing beacause it would cost more money and Im sure Mesa is doing everything they can to save money due to their budget issues....

Comment

Does anyone know the address of where they usually hold the written/physical? Just trying to get an idea of hotels in the vicinity.

Comment

Originally posted by Yea_Buddy View Post
                                Does anyone know the address of where they usually hold the written/physical? Just trying to get an idea of hotels in the vicinity.
                                near McDowell and Greenfield, 3260 N 40th st is where they usually do it. Its on the website.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5812 users online. 353 members and 5459 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X