300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SVRIC View Post
    Anyone on here still in the Mesa hiring process other then me?
    I am still waiting for a call for poly. I guess Mesa isn't in the cards for me.

Comment

• I was told it is rumored that MPD got their grant funding pulled for the 25 slots. It was also said that they will fill those slots with Phoenix and Gilbert officers who get laid off.

Any truth to this???? I don't know.

Comment

• Hey SVRIC I am still in the process. They have been calling my references' references. At the bottom of each reference letter my references themselves were asked to list three people that knew me and could answer questions about me. They have been calling a lot of people on that list and also have called my wife, my work supervisor, and have shown up in my neighborhood and talked to my neighbors to ask questions about me. Whatever they do is fine by me its exciting and im getting quite anxious for them to call me.

My father-in-law through my brothers marriage is a police officer and attended the funeral for the officer who died with Gilbert and was talking to a few Mesa officers and what was "rumored" was that perhaps they are waiting for the official hire of the new police chief to hold the Hiring Board section of the process to review what applications are left for hire. Don't know for sure but thats what he gathered. I think the decision is to be made by the end of Feb. for the police chief. Anyways let me know if you have any insight I really hope you and I can make it in.

Comment

• I received a letter yesterday saying that I will be evaluated with other acceptable applicants for future academies. I called and asked about and the lady said that the Hiring Board has taken place and I have been found acceptable. She said no one had been given conditional offers yet and that I will have to wait and see if I am given one. Hopefully, others have received this letter too if you have let me know.

Comment

• Hey guys! Been reading the forums for a couple of months now...patiently waiting until my account was approved. I am in the process with you guys right now and it is nice to hear from people that are going through the same thing as I am!

No letter yet but they did call some of my references last week, including my wife. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Comment

• Hey, Nice to finally here someone else is still in the run for Mesa. I'm still waiting for a call to see if I am lucky enough to get a conditional offer. Hopefully you receive a letter soon saying that you are acceptable thats all mine said and it said my file will be considered when filling the next academy so we'll see. It's a good thing if they are calling your wife they talked to mine as well. Keep me posted on what happens and I'll let you know if I hear anything as I anxiously eyeball my phone.

Comment

• Well, I guess I am still in the running. I got a call today for my poly and written analysis for next Friday. (26th). For those that have already completed the poly and written com test, what is next?

dmathews: did that letter come directly after the poly and written or was there another step in there?
                Last edited by AZboy; 03-18-2010, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Congrats. on the poly scheduling... After my polygraph is when they began to call all of my references, wife, work, etc. and the letter came after all of that. I took my poly. in late December I think and I got the letter first week in March. But they were calling everyone in between so it was less stressful because I knew they were doing some work on me. I haven't heard from Mesa for about two weeks so I'm getting anxious but now that your scheduled for a polygraph maybe I won't hear anything for even longer if they are still working on others. That's exciting though and let me know how it goes. Hopefully, they call me soon as well...

Comment

• How long was your poly? I have to be at work early afternoon the day I have mine. I want to make sure I won't be late.

Comment

• I would allow a couple of hours for it because there are a lot of things your examiner will need to explain to you and then you will go through a series of questions for multiple rounds. If the examiner can get a good read you'll only have to go through maybe three times but it can take as many as needed for them to get a good read and decipher it. I took my written comm. test directly after as well. That is timed and 250 words. I forget how long either 20 or 30 mins. Overall probably close to 3-4 hrs. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Comment

• Hey I just wanted to ask how your poly went today let me know if you hear anything...

Comment

• I was there for about 2.5 hours. The poly examiner said my charts looked good but he would still have to evaluate them with a fine tooth comb. The writing was easy. The Sgt that walked me out said I should hear something in writing in about a month. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Comment

• Sounds like things went pretty well for you! Good luck and I hope we all hear something in the next month...

Comment

• Congrats. on making it through. Hopefully we hear something soon.

Comment

• Thanks guys. He told me I should have letter in writing in about a month. He also said they (the department) hasn't decided when the second physical test will be conducted yet. He said it may or may not be before the hiring board decision.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4780 users online. 290 members and 4490 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X