300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legitimate Company to work for?

If this question is not allowed please have this thread deleted ASAP.

I am new to the valley, and looking for another job where I can gain some LE experience. I am a Loss Prevention Detective now for a large retail store. What I would like to know is the legitimacy of a company named Valley Protective Services. I have read a few extremely negative reviews, and being new to the valley I would rather not get myself mixed up with a company that is looked badly upon in the LE world, trying to get into that world myself.

Again if this is not an appropriate question for this forum please delete, but a tip or two from some locals would be greatly appreciated.

Mmmm...I would look elsewhere. NFI

Comment

My dealings with VPS have left me less then impressed

Comment

Keep looking. I work(ed) for them. Needless to say , I wasted my time.

Comment

A job is a job after all amigo, but what's wrong with where you are? Security is not LE experience by any stretch, so if you can advance with the company you work for right now, stay there. Maybe get a little management experience, pump the resume with a better job title, and wait for the valley to start hiring again.

Parking lot and (K) store security is not where you want to be.

Comment

Thanks guys. Yes a job is a job and mine is giving me great experience but I haven't been paid this little in ten years. I just was suprised at how bad some people talked about this company online and wanted to see what the LE community thought about it before I go and put this one under my resume.

Thanks guys.

Comment

VPS starts you at 10/hr. They preach about how many people use their training and then move over to LE within a year. They will also tell you how much LE loves them for their training. HA! Keep looking man.

Comment

HA!!!!! They work at my apartments and needless to say they are worthless and I think everyone of them is scared of confrontation. They are a total waste of time.
                Salt River PD
                Physical - PASS
                Written - PASS
                Oral Board - WAITING

Tempe PD
                Application on file

Comment

They usually make things worse.

Comment

Originally posted by AzLaw_E View Post
                    They usually make things worse.
                    This. And if they pulled half the crap they do in a LE position they would be fired and probably charged in a heartbeat. I hate dealing with them

Comment

I am definetly going to stick with my current job and wait on a better paying and less hated company to work for. thanks again

Comment

VPS has some decent guys, but generally, they are a bunch of clowns. They act like they are cops and search people without consent because of the how they look even when the person has a legitimate reason to be there. If LEO tried that crap, we would be riding the desk.

Comment

Anyone of you have to deal with thier trespassing calls?? Get to the scene and the suspect is in cuffs on the ground...ask what happened and the VPS guy says he mouthed off to me and I told him to leave..he mouthed off again and when he started to walk away I arrested him for trespassing...that's one of my favorites LOL

Comment

They are unbelievable. The amount of unlawful searches, detentions, and aggravated assaults they are guilty of are countless.

Comment

Like you said, a job is a job. You have to put food on the table. And in this economy I think that most people will understand that. It looks ALOT better than being unemployed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4944 users online. 275 members and 4669 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X