X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AzPilot
    replied
    Originally posted by yournicked! View Post
    If you go reserve with the intentions of going full time....realistically it's going to be a good 2 or 3 years until you meet requirements based on the hours you've put in to transfer! I get the impression the Posse is a lot more casual.
    Remember, that when an agency writes a policy...it can also re-write that policy.

Many reserve programs through the state have trouble maintaining a good number of active participants. The biggest obstacle to maintaining numbers in many programs...is that the agency keeps hiring people.

Policies aside, many agencies use reserve officer pools as a "ready pool" of vetted applicants, who can be flipped to full-time status at the stroke of a pen.

When the hiring flood-gates open...who's going to be a more attractive candidate: The fresh-faced recruit who needs a full hiring process, academy, and FTO...or the reserve who's already POST certified, through FTO, and has your agency's uniform hanging in his/her closet?

Many agencies around the valley have revived their reserve programs, and some have run more testing processes in the last 12 months, than they have in the last 5 years. I've no doubt in my mind that these agencies know exactly what they're doing....putting their hands on future officers they can tap in a hurry when it comes time to fill big numbers.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGo
    replied
    Yournicked! is talking about the agencies that "require" +-2,040 documented hours (the equivalent of 1 yr.) before they will consider you an "in state lateral".

Leave a comment:

• yournicked!
    replied
    If you go reserve with the intentions of going full time....realistically it's going to be a good 2 or 3 years until you meet requirements based on the hours you've put in to transfer! I get the impression the Posse is a lot more casual.

Leave a comment:

• az4code23
    replied
    Reserves....

Leave a comment:

• InspctrClouseau
    replied
    Originally posted by zander8808 View Post
    which do you guys/gals think is best to do until they start hiring again..

( keep in mind I mean what looks better on a resume )
    As a reserve officer/deputy, you will be AZPOST certified upon the completion of your academy. This means that you have the *potential* to fill any full-time vacancies that your department may have in the future, or simply transfer over to a different agency that is hiring full-time.
    Posse members are not AZPOST certified and primarily act as support for Deputies during operations.
    Both are volunteer positions with no salaries involved...

Leave a comment:

• zander8808
    started a topic Reserves or Posse ???

Reserves or Posse ???

which do you guys/gals think is best to do until they start hiring again..

( keep in mind I mean what looks better on a resume )

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5388 users online. 283 members and 5105 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X