300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reserves or Posse ???

which do you guys/gals think is best to do until they start hiring again..

( keep in mind I mean what looks better on a resume )

Originally posted by zander8808 View Post
    which do you guys/gals think is best to do until they start hiring again..

( keep in mind I mean what looks better on a resume )
    As a reserve officer/deputy, you will be AZPOST certified upon the completion of your academy. This means that you have the *potential* to fill any full-time vacancies that your department may have in the future, or simply transfer over to a different agency that is hiring full-time.
    Posse members are not AZPOST certified and primarily act as support for Deputies during operations.
    Both are volunteer positions with no salaries involved...

Comment

Reserves....
      "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

If you go reserve with the intentions of going full time....realistically it's going to be a good 2 or 3 years until you meet requirements based on the hours you've put in to transfer! I get the impression the Posse is a lot more casual.
        Lets keep it simple!

Comment

Yournicked! is talking about the agencies that "require" +-2,040 documented hours (the equivalent of 1 yr.) before they will consider you an "in state lateral".

Comment

Originally posted by yournicked! View Post
            If you go reserve with the intentions of going full time....realistically it's going to be a good 2 or 3 years until you meet requirements based on the hours you've put in to transfer! I get the impression the Posse is a lot more casual.
            Remember, that when an agency writes a policy...it can also re-write that policy.

Many reserve programs through the state have trouble maintaining a good number of active participants. The biggest obstacle to maintaining numbers in many programs...is that the agency keeps hiring people.

Policies aside, many agencies use reserve officer pools as a "ready pool" of vetted applicants, who can be flipped to full-time status at the stroke of a pen.

When the hiring flood-gates open...who's going to be a more attractive candidate: The fresh-faced recruit who needs a full hiring process, academy, and FTO...or the reserve who's already POST certified, through FTO, and has your agency's uniform hanging in his/her closet?

Many agencies around the valley have revived their reserve programs, and some have run more testing processes in the last 12 months, than they have in the last 5 years. I've no doubt in my mind that these agencies know exactly what they're doing....putting their hands on future officers they can tap in a hurry when it comes time to fill big numbers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5397 users online. 282 members and 5115 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X