300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concealed Carry- Weapon Of Choice

I have a buddy that works for ADOC and he always carries...I guess you never know when you'll run into an ex inmate. Trying to get my mind off of "hurry up and wait" so I thought I would start researching side-arms.

What are you're ideas:

Make, Model, Caliber...give some info on why you chose this weapon.

What would you get if you could afford it?

If you were on a budget what would you go for?

Thanks
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

Thomas Jefferson

Glock 21 .45 cal-13 round capacity magazine.

Comment

Glock 27 .40 Smith and Wesson (semi-auto) with 9 round staggered. Carry because it's efficient, compact and can be concealed easily. Also, you can puchase one for around $500.
      "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

HK USP Compact .45

Because I care enough to send the very best.

I prefer that, but the S&W Model 60 with 357 Magnum gets just as much carry time.

Comment

I carry the Glock 27 (.40 cal) around $500, and the Ruger LCP (.380 cal) bought for $299 last month. I found the Glock 27 too big for an ankle holster, but with the clip draw attatched it fits perfectly in the small of the back. As for the Ruger LCP, I love it, I wear it on duty as a secondary, and off duty as my primary, it conceals great over my boot, or on my ankle without boot.

Happy Shopping!

Comment

Originally posted by n2dfire View Post
            How in the hell do you carry that concealed and still stay comfortable? I have one myself, love it, but have a hard time keeping it from being seen. Do you use a inside the pant holster?

Comment

Originally posted by n2dfire View Post
              Shoot if you're going to carry something that big then check out the Springfield XD .45 ACP / 13 round extended mag, it's insanely reliable (and fairly economical) although the grip feels a bit too large in my hands. Of course, I'm a woman and have smaller hands than most men.

I hate to say it because I know many of you are die-hard Glock fans, but I've never really cared for them

Seriously read this.... The Torture Test -

http://springfield-armory.primediaou.../SPstory11.php

Yes, I know they used a 9mm for the test.
              Last edited by Sailorsally; 09-27-2009, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Also, I failed to mention another small gun I own. In addition to the Glock 27 I mentioned above, I also like to carry a NAA (North American Arms) Guardian .32 ACP with a 6+1 mag capacity double action. You can get it for around $400.00

http://www.naaminis.com/guard.html

Comment

S&W 360pd .357 mag airlight revolver

Comment

My duty weapon is a Glock 22 and my back-up/conceal is a Glock 27. I love the fact that I can use the magazines from the 22 as "high cap" mags for my 27. They're $398 plus taxes at Scottsdale Gun Club with the LE discount.

Comment

Originally posted by BlkAlpha View Post
                      My duty weapon is a Glock 22 and my back-up/conceal is a Glock 27. I love the fact that I can use the magazines from the 22 as "high cap" mags for my 27. They're $398 plus taxes at Scottsdale Gun Club with the LE discount.
                      Since the original poster mentioned AZDOC in his post, do DOs and AZDOC get the typical LE discounts?

Comment

Absolutely. Any place that offers a LE/Military/Government discount, we are eligible to receive it.

Comment

Originally posted by InspctrClouseau View Post
                          How in the hell do you carry that concealed and still stay comfortable? I have one myself, love it, but have a hard time keeping it from being seen. Do you use a inside the pant holster?
                          Small of my back.

Comment

Sportsman's Warehouse

Thanks for the good posts!

I went to Sportsman's Warehouse this weekend and held just about every name brand .40 out there. I didn't fire anything, the Tauraus Millinnium Pro .40 felt really good in my hand....any experience with this weapon?

It's made in Brazil..guess the big question is reliability.
                            Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by SDFGlazer View Post
                              Thanks for the good posts!

I went to Sportsman's Warehouse this weekend and held just about every name brand .40 out there. I didn't fire anything, the Tauraus Millinnium Pro .40 felt really good in my hand....any experience with this weapon?

It's made in Brazil..guess the big question is reliability.
                              I have fired the Taurus Millennium PRO .40 S&W. It is real nice. It had 10+1 (10 rounds and 1 in chamber), also I believe you can get it 6+1 with a slimmer grip with single stack magazine sub-compact .45. It was real light weight. It never jammed. The one I fired had three safety features, manual safety lever, trigger block mechanism and a firing pin block; and also, you could have the option of the taurus security system included for free. The millenium also comes in different models if I am not mistaken. It comes in the .32 and .380 ACP, 9mm (12+1), .40 caliber (10+1), or .45 ACP 10+1 or 6+1. The one I I shot one off was the .40. The price was about $400.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6690 users online. 363 members and 6327 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X