300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scottsdale PD..

I received this email from Scottsdale PD this morning....

Carlin, Greg #407 to me
    show details 9:18 AM (19 minutes ago)
    We are hoping it will be in the next two weeks. Keep checking www.scottsdalepd.com under jobs for Police Officer Trainee. When it is posted we are accepting applications.

Greg Carlin

Recruitment Officer

Scottsdale Police Department

480-312-1933

scottsdale pd has it easy. on a friday and saturday night, they head over to the walmart supercenter at frank lloyd wright/loop 101, and wait there until something happens, which doesn't take long. it also takes 2 to 10 units to handle somebody who was caught speeding.

Comment

From Scottsdale Police Website:

"POLICE OFFICER TESTING - Saturday, November 14, 2009. Applications available on line after 5:00 pm, Friday, October 2, 2009. Deadline for submitting applications is 5:00 pm, Friday, October 16, 2009."

Comment

Hey be prepared their written test is supposed to be brutal.

Comment

IMO Glendale's was harder, but they will have you handwrite a "report" as part of the testing process.

Comment

I also read they have you take a spelling test as well.....

Comment

This is true and they go through them very quickly.... Damn you "Graffiti"... I'll never misspell you again!

Comment

Originally posted by Kennedyford
                Couldnt find that anywhere. Where did you see this?
                I found it on their home page on http://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/police.

Scroll toward the bottom of the page and you will see the announcement.
                Last edited by dgamer1; 09-28-2009, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Whats their physical like?

If its the 1.5 mile run...im screwed....

Comment

Originally posted by snowdude1026 View Post
                    Whats their physical like?

If its the 1.5 mile run...im screwed....
                    The physical fitness assessment consists of a 1.5 mile run, push-ups and sit-ups. You must be able to complete a minimum of 25 push-ups and 29 sit-ups within one minute, and complete the 1.5 mile run in under 14:30 minutes without stopping or walking any portion.

I was told if you pass the physical portion, then you take the written the same day.

Comment

14:30 is a super slow 1.5 mile time....you should be able to just shuffle your feet enough to make it look like a run and you would still make it.
                      Guns kill people, like spoons make people fat!

Mesa PD
                      Passed Written
                      Passed Physical
                      Passed Oral
                      Background Interview Complete
                      Polygraph-Passed
                      Written Communication Test- 2 Feb

Comment

Originally posted by SVRIC View Post
                        14:30 is a super slow 1.5 mile time....you should be able to just shuffle your feet enough to make it look like a run and you would still make it.
                        Disagreed.

The Cooper's institute single-standard fitness norms (age/gender-blind, which is the only legally defensible approach, unless you validate different standards for your particular agency), indicates that 50% of tested law enforcement officers run a 1.5-mile run in 14:29 or higher.

While we may use this to draw out conclusions about the state of fitness among law-enforcement officers, these numbers don't track terribly far off from the stats for the general population.

The applicant that breezes a 9:30 on the run, may barely squeak out a 70.01 on the written, and may completely tank the oral board. The guy/gal who chugs out a 14:29.99 (while having visions of dead relatives) on the run...may nail a 97 on the written, and kill the board.

Which recruit should the agency hire? Your answer would probably depend on into which category -you- fall, unless you happen to be the rare Eagle Scout/Triathlete/Rhodes Scholar who applies.

Comment

No I understand the reasoning behind it, I was saying that for snowdude because he said if its a 1.5 mile run he's screwed...Just letting him know not to worry about because a 14.29 1.5 mile run time is not that hard to get (im a physical fitness leader for the Air Force, and I have seen some slow runners rip off a 1.5 mile run in the 13s)...I wasnt trying to boost myself up...To answer your question though i think the scenario you gave would be a toss up...some people just do not test well but might make a great cop...on the other hand they might just be in great shape and a rock (case by case I would think) It just gets confusing all these agency says its at the 50th percentile on testing but all require different #s on the physical...But I was not trying to make a suggestion about cops and their fitness, or who would be better suited for the job...just wanted to let him know dont worru about it too much...good luck to all who apply.

Mesa PD
                          Passed Written
                          Passed Physical
                          Passed Oral
                          Polygraph-Passed

Comment

Application Filled out and in the mail!

Mesa PD
                            Passed Written
                            Passed Physical
                            Passed Oral
                            Polygraph-Passed

Comment

Going to stop by on Monday and drop off mine. Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6120 users online. 369 members and 5751 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X