X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InspctrClouseau
    replied
    Originally posted by SDFGlazer View Post
    Just finished my first week of academy. The Campus is really nice, I am actually enjoying the training. My fellow classmates are all top-notch... overall good experience.
    What are they paying now for starting salary?

Leave a comment:

• 1200RT
    replied
    Originally posted by StalkerCop View Post
    Really? "top notch" doc employees? They are far and few.
    Its that bad??

Leave a comment:

• StalkerCop
    replied
    Really? "top notch" doc employees? They are far and few.

Leave a comment:

• SDFGlazer
    replied
    First Week at the academy

Just finished my first week of academy. The Campus is really nice, I am actually enjoying the training. My fellow classmates are all top-notch... overall good experience.

Leave a comment:

• TM992
    replied
    I am set up to take my physical Jan 6th in Tucson. Will I see anybody there?

Leave a comment:

• SDFGlazer
    replied
    Depends

Originally posted by 1200RT View Post
    Interesting. but ADoC is hiring currently?

I think ADOC is always testing. How quickly you get hired depends on what prisons you request. I.E. if you pick a prison close to Phoenix you're looking at a year or so because there are CO's on the waiting list to transfer and they take priority. If you pick a prison in the boonies it would be quicker (Winslow/Safford). I put in for Safford and Started the process in August. My academy starts Monday in Tucson but Safford is also on the chopping block. Ft. Grant (Safford) is one of the first prison's to get closed if the budget cuts go through. Go to the ADOC website and contact them.

Leave a comment:

• 1200RT
    replied
    Interesting. but ADoC is hiring currently?

Leave a comment:

• StalkerCop
    replied
    Originally posted by 1200RT View Post
    Just a quick question on AZ DOC .... I notice there are "State Prisons" and "Contract Institutions". Whats the difference?
    State prisons are operated by the state. The prison Director, Wardens, Correction Officers, etc. Its a state building, state property, etc.

Contract prisons are operated by the private company they belong to. Example, Corrections Corperation of America (CCA). Its a private company that meets the institutional standards for private prisons. Since the state can not afford to build more prisons and its hard enough to find enough officers, the state will contract with private prisons to house the inmates.

Privatization of prisons has always been an big issue, just as privatization of anything.

Problem is the private prisons hire security guards for line staff. For the most part, the administrators are retired for former state prison administrators.

Lewis was that last state prison build and it opened in 1998. There was supposed to be another build in Tucson several years ago but it never happend. So as the prison populations increased, inmates were double bunked in current state prisons and more were sent to contract prisons. Several years ago the state even sent inmates out of state to a private prison in Texas.

Leave a comment:

• 1200RT
    replied
    no one ?

Leave a comment:

• 1200RT
    replied
    Just a quick question on AZ DOC .... I notice there are "State Prisons" and "Contract Institutions". Whats the difference?

Leave a comment:

• StalkerCop
    replied
    Oh ok. CO Post Certified. Hmm.. Now I get it.

Leave a comment:

• SDFGlazer
    replied
    attempt to answer question

What do you mean by you hope you will be CO post certified this week and get an academy date.?

CO Post Certified-I guess I am putting the cart before the horse I meant pass my written, physical and psych so I can go to the academy..so I can get through the academy and be AZ Post Certified as a State Corrections Officer...and get deployed to a post.

Leave a comment:

• StalkerCop
    replied
    Originally posted by SDFGlazer View Post
    Pass my tests and get offered a job. Just got academy date of November 30th. I know people that have been waiting a year.
    You didnt answer my question. Maybe you typed your statement wrong. Congrats on the academy date.

Leave a comment:

• SDFGlazer
    replied
    Get through the testing

What do you mean by you hope you will be CO post certified this week and get an academy date.?
    Pass my tests and get offered a job. Just got academy date of November 30th. I know people that have been waiting a year.
    Last edited by SDFGlazer; 11-10-2009, 04:02 PM. Reason: didn't respond

Leave a comment:

• StalkerCop
    replied
    Originally posted by InspctrClouseau View Post
    Does DOC do polys?
    For Peace Officer Sworn Investigators they do.

For Correction Officers they do not. If they did they would have an even bigger issue with staff shortages.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4489 users online. 281 members and 4208 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X