Forum Member
    • Jul 2009

no one ?

Comment

• StalkerCop
      Positive Thinker
      • Dec 2004

Originally posted by 1200RT
      Just a quick question on AZ DOC .... I notice there are "State Prisons" and "Contract Institutions". Whats the difference?
      State prisons are operated by the state. The prison Director, Wardens, Correction Officers, etc. Its a state building, state property, etc.

Contract prisons are operated by the private company they belong to. Example, Corrections Corperation of America (CCA). Its a private company that meets the institutional standards for private prisons. Since the state can not afford to build more prisons and its hard enough to find enough officers, the state will contract with private prisons to house the inmates.

Privatization of prisons has always been an big issue, just as privatization of anything.

Problem is the private prisons hire security guards for line staff. For the most part, the administrators are retired for former state prison administrators.

Lewis was that last state prison build and it opened in 1998. There was supposed to be another build in Tucson several years ago but it never happend. So as the prison populations increased, inmates were double bunked in current state prisons and more were sent to contract prisons. Several years ago the state even sent inmates out of state to a private prison in Texas.

Comment

• 1200RT
        Forum Member
        • Jul 2009

Interesting. but ADoC is hiring currently?

Comment

• SDFGlazer
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2009

Depends

Originally posted by 1200RT
          Interesting. but ADoC is hiring currently?

I think ADOC is always testing. How quickly you get hired depends on what prisons you request. I.E. if you pick a prison close to Phoenix you're looking at a year or so because there are CO's on the waiting list to transfer and they take priority. If you pick a prison in the boonies it would be quicker (Winslow/Safford). I put in for Safford and Started the process in August. My academy starts Monday in Tucson but Safford is also on the chopping block. Ft. Grant (Safford) is one of the first prison's to get closed if the budget cuts go through. Go to the ADOC website and contact them.
          Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• TM992
            Forum Member
            • Jul 2009

I am set up to take my physical Jan 6th in Tucson. Will I see anybody there?

Comment

• SDFGlazer
              Forum Member
              • Sep 2009

First Week at the academy

Just finished my first week of academy. The Campus is really nice, I am actually enjoying the training. My fellow classmates are all top-notch... overall good experience.
              Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• StalkerCop
                Positive Thinker
                • Dec 2004

Really? "top notch" doc employees? They are far and few.

Comment

• 1200RT
                  Forum Member
                  • Jul 2009

Originally posted by StalkerCop
                  Really? "top notch" doc employees? They are far and few.
                  Its that bad??

Comment

• InspctrClouseau
                    Criminalsitter
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by SDFGlazer
                    Just finished my first week of academy. The Campus is really nice, I am actually enjoying the training. My fellow classmates are all top-notch... overall good experience.
                    What are they paying now for starting salary?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18276 users online. 29 members and 18247 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...