Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bummer

Originally posted by az4code23 View Post
    The Sgt. informed me that they are anticipating an academy in late April/early May.
    Thanks AZ---but kind of a bummer

I thought they were running classes back to back...I know they are understaffed. Talked to a buddy, working at Florence, the other day and they were 10 CO's down for his shift. Guess everything is going skeleton crew.

Thanks Again!
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Thats news. When I started at ADOC in 98, they ran an academy every month. Then over time they started one once a week. I am sure they are hit by budget issues but find it hard to believe they are not hiring. They are so understaffed that there are budgetted unfilled positions. That money is just sitting there unless they eliminated those positions.

Comment

Who Knows

Originally posted by StalkerCop View Post
        Thats news. When I started at ADOC in 98, they ran an academy every month. Then over time they started one once a week. I am sure they are hit by budget issues but find it hard to believe they are not hiring. They are so understaffed that there are budgetted unfilled positions. That money is just sitting there unless they eliminated those positions.
        I hope you're right...hurry up and wait.
        Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by SDFGlazer View Post
          Thanks AZ---but kind of a bummer

I thought they were running classes back to back...I know they are understaffed. Talked to a buddy, working at Florence, the other day and they were 10 CO's down for his shift. Guess everything is going skeleton crew.

Thanks Again!
          Thats what I initially thought, but that's just the answer I was given. Which did seem weird since they are always testing on tuesdays and thursdays.
          "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

Sergeant and Officer Pay Scale

Anyone know where I can find a listing of the Salary range for Sergeants and LT's for DOC

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Cota

I can't believe I didn't think to do this before, I called COTA today to find out if they have any classes going through the academy. I was told via admin 520-623-5832 xt 205 that they have classes going through starting NOV 2 and starting about every other week through December.

Hopefully I will make one of those classes.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Academy

Anyone get an academy date for Nov/Dec...I just took my drug test so hope I will be CO post certified this week, and get an academy date.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Does DOC do polys?

Comment

Anyone get an academy date for Nov/Dec...I just took my drug test so hope I will be CO post certified this week, and get an academy date.
                    What do you mean by you hope you will be CO post certified this week and get an academy date.?

Comment

Originally posted by InspctrClouseau View Post
                      Does DOC do polys?
                      For Peace Officer Sworn Investigators they do.

For Correction Officers they do not. If they did they would have an even bigger issue with staff shortages.

Comment

Get through the testing

What do you mean by you hope you will be CO post certified this week and get an academy date.?
                        Pass my tests and get offered a job. Just got academy date of November 30th. I know people that have been waiting a year.
                        Last edited by SDFGlazer; 11-10-2009, 04:02 PM. Reason: didn't respond

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Pass my tests and get offered a job. Just got academy date of November 30th. I know people that have been waiting a year.
                          You didnt answer my question. Maybe you typed your statement wrong. Congrats on the academy date.

Comment

attempt to answer question

CO Post Certified-I guess I am putting the cart before the horse I meant pass my written, physical and psych so I can go to the academy..so I can get through the academy and be AZ Post Certified as a State Corrections Officer...and get deployed to a post.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Oh ok. CO Post Certified. Hmm.. Now I get it.

Comment

Just a quick question on AZ DOC .... I notice there are "State Prisons" and "Contract Institutions". Whats the difference?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4009 users online. 293 members and 3716 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X