Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what do you say when they tell you...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what do you say when they tell you...

It's pretty much a guarantee that every so often you'll get the hypocracy excuse when issuing citations:

"Come on man, like you never break the law?"
    "What, are you perfect, Officer? You had to speed just to catch me and pull me over!"
    "These laws are ridiculous anyway, why are you busting my balls?"

What do you usually use as ammo to fire back at annoying excuses?

Have you heard any other funny ones lately?

Thanks

I ignore 'em or just tell 'em I'm not perfect, just smart enough not to get caught

Comment

The "I pay your salary" remark I usually answered with "Yes, you're paying me to write you a ticket"

Do not use the above unless you desire to see the Sgt.
      and remember..........................let's be careful out there!
      Last edited by RoadKingTrooper; 05-13-2009, 01:36 PM.
      "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Ignore them and write the cite. Those are the people who talk themselves into gettting one. It's about a 50/50 chance, up until I approach the car. Attitude is everything. With an attitude like this....the percentage goes up to 100%.

Don't get into a conversation with the driver. Hand them the ticketbook, have em sign it, give em their copy..and say,"Have a nice day!" Therefore they can't complain and say you were rude etc.
        This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Like said above, just ignore it and keep writing, no need to get in a roadside debate. We are told not to tell the to "Have a nice day" something along the lines they think we are being smartasses. They just got a ticket, how nice can their day be ya know.

Comment

^^^^^Tone is everything.

So what do you do?? Tear off the ticket, hand it to them along with their DL and insurance....and walk away?
            This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Dont get me wrong, I am still polite, inform them of everything and send them on their way with a "Have a safe trip", we are just told not to tell them to "Have a nice day". Just one of orders from higher up.

Comment

Originally posted by InspctrClouseau View Post
                "What, are you perfect, Officer? You had to speed just to catch me and pull me over!"
                1. Well I don't run red lights if that's what you're asking.

2. Yep, but I didn't break the law by speeding.

3. Because it is my job.

I enjoy making some smart *** remarks occasionally. The best ones I get from watching TV:

BG: "Do you know who my father is?!?!"

Officer: "What, your mom didn't tell you?"

While I was in phase 5 of FTO, I was driving to a burglary in progress and the first three units were nearing the house:

SGT (on the radio): "Ok, lets have two in the front, and one in the rear."

Me (not on the radio): "Sounds like the Sgt wants the shocker!"

My FTO almost rolled out of the car laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by InspctrClouseau View Post

What do you usually use as ammo to fire back at annoying excuses?

Have you heard any other funny ones lately?

Thanks
                  I've got all kinds of smart *** stuff I lay down on people that wanna start this kind of crap.

"You think the laws are BS? Please, tell that to the judge when you see him about this ticket."

"Of course I had to speed to catch you. Arizona law has a particular section written JUST for me that makes it okay for me to do that. What? BS you say? Please, tell that to the judge when you see him about this ticket."

"Perfect? Hardly. However if you'd like to use that as a defense, please, tell that to the judge when you see him about this ticket."

"Do I ever break the law? Actually, no. Arizona law has a particular section written JUST for me that makes it okay for me to violate traffic laws to seek out and apprehend violators. I can even park in a fire lane while in my patrol car - isn't that COOL??? What? BS again? Please, tell that to the judge when you see him about this ticket."

Thank you for cooperating, please drive safe.
                  NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4552 users online. 189 members and 4363 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                  X