300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hiring

With all the drug crime and kidnappings getting so much attention lately has anyone heard of phoenix area departments getting some money to start hiring again?

Peoria just tested yesterday.

A few will be hiring now and then, though mostly on the "down low." You'll have to peruse their websites to see who pops up next.
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
      though mostly on the "down low."
      Yeah I wonder why that is.

I know of one that has a test this March. But you will not find a thing on their website.

The next testing dates for this agency (if any at all) will only be for reserves.
      "I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy." - unknown

Comment

All I know of is Scottsdale (to generate a list) and Avondale. Daspy, if you know something I don't please pm me!

Comment

Does anyone know if DPS is going to hire those who have been wating since the last year? Also, do you guys know if DPS is getting any of that money that the Feds promised to Law Enforcement agencies around the country. Apparently Arizona supposed to get $62 million.

Comment

The way it normally works is that each department will have to apply for the funding. It must be used for specific tasks that the money's earmarked for. I don't even know that the funding has officially been released yet.
            NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

I know the Dept I work for is working on a bunch of grants. Also talk around here is that these grants also include open positions for my dept and others. Alot of the other Depts. are also only looking for laterals.

Comment

That money will only last for so long. You may get grants to hire a few more cops, but after 2 or 3 years, that money's gonna run out.
                NRA Life Member

Comment

Not exactly "Phoenix-area".....
                  NRA Life Member

Comment

Is Phoenix PD hiring? (sry if i totally missed something)
                    Cant wait to get out there!!!

Richard Francis 1948 - 2008
                    Killed in the line of duty.

Comment

Originally posted by shifty277 View Post
                      Is Phoenix PD hiring? (sry if i totally missed something)
                      Did you look at their website?
                      NRA Life Member

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                        Did you look at their website?
                        It says, "NO"! - more or less

Comment

This one? http://www.phoenix.gov/Police/index.html
                          Cant wait to get out there!!!

Richard Francis 1948 - 2008
                          Killed in the line of duty.

Comment

More like THIS one. http://www.phoenix.gov/joinphxpd/get_started.html

STEP 1 The Written Test
                            No written test are scheduled at this time.

NRA Life Member

Comment

I think it's more like this one.. http://www.phoenix.gov/joinphxpd/app_dates.html

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4788 users online. 298 members and 4490 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X