300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another option

For those wanting to lateral into Arizona, there's another agency that appears to be hiring:
    https://hrapps4.dist.maricopa.edu/ps...RAM.HRS_CE.GBL
    This is the Maricopa Country Community College District. Not the prestigious city cop job you want? Sorry. However, if you DO get through the process and get hired on, you will still get the AZ POST certification you could use to lateral to another department in a year or two. Plus it gets you in the Valley while giving you the opportunity to scope out the other departments.
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Thanks for the info.....

Comment

Don't they STILL...NOT...carry any guns?

Yet they are expected to respond to armed and/or aggressive subjects...in their golf cart. Even after the court order "allowing" officers to carry, they schools (to my knowledge) still DON'T allow them to carry...cuz they aren't "properly trained".

Comment

no guns ? golf carts ??

Comment

Yep :-)

They aren't talking about ASU Police. It wasn't to many years ago that Red Mountain CC had a an armed suspect situation. The MCC Police "officer" refused to confront them choosing to wait for Mesa PD. The same college that had refused him a gun wanted to have him fired for "cowardliness" or refusing to do his job when he called out that "he was waiting for ARMED officers to enter the building...he would be waiting outside until it was cleared".

Sounds funny to be a "certified peace officer" that is forbidden from carrying a gun on patrol. From what I heard they were also forbidden from even having one in their POV on campus.

If bringing a knife to a gunfight is bad...how bad is it when you bring a pencil to a gunfight???
          Last edited by LetsGo; 11-25-2008, 02:05 AM.

Comment

I believe they are armed now. It wasn't a court order, it was a new section of ARS, Title 41 I believe, that said the state or a political subdivision could not forbid a peace officer to carry a firearm if they were had completed the AZPOST firearms training.
            1*

Ten dash eight!

Comment

They all carry Glock 22's now. Except for the Scottsdale campus as it's on a Reservation. It is State law as thirdgod stated. They've got the Taser X-26 along with everything else on a full gunbelt.
              NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Since when have POST certified officers been restricted from carrying firearms on a reservation while on-duty?

Comment

Since the Tribal Chief can make laws prohibiting it.
                  NRA Life Member

Comment

Thirdgod is correct. ARS was changed for the community college officers which it affected all peace officers so now off duty officers cannot be prohibited from carrying. For example, I never had an issue but was told that the Coyotes facility would not let cops carry inside. However this law which was changed by the community college officers helps us all and the last time I went into the Coyotes facility, all they wanted was my ID and my seat number. They actually have metal detectors at the door.

Comment

now that the gun thing is taken care of......golf carts ? how about bike patrol ?

Comment

38-1102 Carrying of firearms by peace officers
                        "I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy." - unknown

Comment

The colleges do have golf carts and bike patrol. The campuses aren't big enough to have full-size gas-powered cars or even motorcycle units like ASU.
                          NRA Life Member

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                            The colleges do have golf carts and bike patrol. The campuses aren't big enough to have full-size gas-powered cars or even motorcycle units like ASU.
                            thanks......I work bike patrol now, I can deal with it much better than a golf cart, I will check into it since the rest of the agencies are looking for "virgins" plus I'm pretty burned out anyways

Comment

I'll PM you later with more information.
                              NRA Life Member

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7483 users online. 372 members and 7111 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X