300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running in the Mesa Academy

I got my final offer from Mesa yesterday. I start January 12th. Can someone who has been through or knows give me an idea of how much running there is. Like what do you start at on the first week and progress up too. The med doctor told me to be running 6 miles 3 times a week and be ready for a 9 mile run about 3 months in....

Thanks,
    Tom

Originally posted by live24wheel View Post
    Can someone who has been through or knows give me an idea of how much running there is.
    Originally posted by live23wheel View Post
    The med doctor told me to be running 6 miles 3 times a week and be ready for a 9 mile run about 3 months in
    Uh....didn't you just answer your own question?
    Last edited by Sgt. Slaughter; 10-10-2008, 12:40 PM.
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

I'd say that 6 miles 3x weekly sounds good.

It's not any single run that you gotta fear. It's the accumulating nagging injuries that can bugger you. I know of a couple guys, myself included, that started the academy in pain from pushing too hard the couple weeks before it started.

BE SURE:

You have real good running shoes. No Walmart or Target treads. Don't just go to Foot Locker and buy the "cool" Nike Shox... Go to a bonafide running shop, get fitted, have your stride analyzed, and they will find you the ideal shoe. It'll be expensive.

You are taking vitamins, multi-vitamins, glucosamine, etc.

You are eating well. I made sure to eat my fruits and veggies in the academy. If I didn't get my veggies, I made sure I packed a V8 juice.

You are sleeping enough.

You are careful with yourself. Don't play in traffic or nothin...
      "Too many times, too many times payin' the price, just for the thrill" - Tesla

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7522 users online. 423 members and 7099 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X