300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditional offer...

OK,I know it sounds stupid,but what does this mean?? Does this mean I just have to pass my medical and I'm in? Does it mean I'm just getting started with my background investigation?? It's been a while since I started the process and I just signed my conditional offer. Does that mean I have much longer to wait?

For Phoenix PD, it means they are giving you an offer, and it is conditional upon you passing the medical, drug, and psych evals. You pass those and you get final offer and start date. The written, physical, and background should be done.

Comment

The term "conditional offer" is very disappointing. It leads people to believe that they've secured the job. In reality, it's the agency's way of finding out if you are REALLY interested in working for them prior to them expending funds to do the background investigation, medical and psych tests.

You will get the job based upon good results from the rest of the process. That's why it's "conditional".
      NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Federal law (the Americans With Disabilities Act) prohibits an employer from making any medical inquiries of an applicant except in connection with a bona fide offer of employment. All other screening processes need to be successfully completed first before you can proceed to those areas. You usually get a letter saying you are offered employment subject to your passing those exams. Pass the medical and the psych and you are in. This is the conditional offer.

Sometimes agencies will send you a letter saying employment is offered subject to you passing the background, medical and psych. The background needs to come first. Pass it and the medical and psych should follow. It has to be done in that order, because if they give you the medical first and you pass, failing you later on the background will put them in violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I have been scheduled for my Medical. I guess this is a good thing

Comment

It means that everything up to this point has gone good. They likely would not offer you the conditional hire and send you to Medical and Psych if there was a problem with your packet.
            It's just another step in the right direction. Pass your Med and Psych and you should get a call.

Good Luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5415 users online. 388 members and 5027 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X