300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• applying for written test

Hello all. Sorry in advance for the basic question, but I am rather new to this. I was just wondering how I go about getting accepted to take the written test. In particular, I was wondering about Phoenix PD. I am from out of state (NJ), so is going to their website and applying online my best bet? One of the reasons I am asking is because I applied online at Phoenix PD about a month ago and haven't heard anything back. I have heard that they move the process along pretty fast so I was just curious. I am debating on reapplying since maybe something went wrong. Once they get the application, do they send you a letter in the mail saying when to come for your written test if everything checks out? Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help!

Originally posted by smellslikeupdog View Post
    Hello all. Sorry in advance for the basic question, but I am rather new to this. I was just wondering how I go about getting accepted to take the written test. In particular, I was wondering about Phoenix PD. I am from out of state (NJ), so is going to their website and applying online my best bet? One of the reasons I am asking is because I applied online at Phoenix PD about a month ago and haven't heard anything back. I have heard that they move the process along pretty fast so I was just curious. I am debating on reapplying since maybe something went wrong. Once they get the application, do they send you a letter in the mail saying when to come for your written test if everything checks out? Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for any help!
    I think you just buy yourself a plane ticket, show up on one of the scheduled test dates, and take the test. That was the way it was when I took it, and I doubt they would turn you away. You can always pick up the phone and call someone to ask them about it, instead of wondering for months while you lose time.

Comment

When I came out from Jersey to test Phoenix at the time had an 80 page study book that you had to know for the test...all the questions were basically out of there but I believe it's changed....I would actually call somebody out here and ask them instead of doing it over the internet....602-262-7626 will get you the info desk and they can give you employment services number so you can speak with someone.

Comment

Thank you guys for the help!

Comment

When I tested for Phx 12 years ago and again 10 years ago, they scheduled you for the test and you had to study some crazy study guide which had title 13 in it. It was a one of a kind test back then. Nothing like other valley agancies used. Then you had to go to the academy and run around that park off of 7th ave. That was way before the new track was put in. That was back when the academy entrance was 7th ave not 15th.

Sorry dude, I know this really has nothing to do with your question. I could contact phx, find out when the test is and show up. Just be prepared for the agility afterwords and then an interview. Due to you being out of state they may combine some parts.

Comment

Yeah I think I will give them a call on Monday. Thanks for the help stalker

Comment

Originally posted by StalkerCop View Post
              That was way before the new track was put in. That was back when the academy entrance was 7th ave not 15th.
              Ah yes, I will be there again bright and early Thursday morning for what is hopefully my final physical fitness test before final hire!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6527 users online. 351 members and 6176 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X