300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoenix PD

Hey, well I'm beginning the process again of looking for a new department and location to live, things didn't go well in LV. I see Phoenix is hiring often.. how competitive is this department? I'm looking at applying around feb. after I receive my bachelor's degree.

Also if there are any officers from this department I could talk to that would be great, I'd like to see if anything I have would be an automatic disqualifer. I flew out to LV just to find out I would fail a pre screening test and not even be given a chance to explain my situation/history, it was a computer generated score pass fail.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by EricDel View Post
    Hey, well I'm beginning the process again of looking for a new department and location to live, things didn't go well in LV. I see Phoenix is hiring often.. how competitive is this department? I'm looking at applying around feb. after I receive my bachelor's degree.

Also if there are any officers from this department I could talk to that would be great, I'd like to see if anything I have would be an automatic disqualifer. I flew out to LV just to find out I would fail a pre screening test and not even be given a chance to explain my situation/history, it was a computer generated score pass fail.

Thanks in advance.
    Welcome. I know how aggravating that is. I flew to Dallas once for the same thing, only to be told right off the bat that I was DQ'd. This was after I had already called/emailed and confirmed multiple times before I went there that I would be eligible.

What will your degree be in? I was a Finance geek myself.

Comment

Ah damn sorry to hear the same happened to you. I'm getting my degree in Criminal Justice right now at the University of Delaware. I actually have been looking at the DFW area as well.. definitely not letting my first mistake happen again though.

Do you work or have you applied for Phoenix PD now?

Comment

Lots of departments are hiring and are good to work for. The best thing to do, if you can is to take 2-3 weeks and test for multiple places, its totally doable. Here are a few places you should look at, check out their websites for testing dates.

Phoenix
        Chandler
        Mesa
        Gilbert
        Peoria
        Glendale
        Scottsdale

good luck
        Last edited by StoneWalJackson; 09-11-2008, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EricDel View Post
          Do you work or have you applied for Phoenix PD now?
          Just recently received conditional offer from Phoenix PD. I am flying back there on the 23rd to complete the remainder of the process, and then hopefully receive final offer.

This will be a career change for me. I've worked in the group health insurance industry since college (2000) pretty much.

Comment

Thanks I may try and do that, I definitely will have the time after Feb., the only problem that I could have is with fianances however..

Thats great you go on with Phoenix congrats. Did you notice a lot of out of staters testing with them?

Comment

I don't know what proportion of out-of-staters there were, but there were about 30 when I went for my 2nd trip out there. So those were only the ones that were on a similar timeline as mine.

They have been nothing but professional throughout the entire process.

Comment

How long did the process take for just about?

Comment

I tested at the beginning of April I believe. I was advised of receiving a conditional offer a couple weeks ago. However, the timeframe varies greatly for everyone, depending on each individual's situation.

Some people have completed it in as little as a couple months I believe.

Comment

Just a heads up on Chandler and Gilbert....They're both only accepting applications for eligible to hire to lists (future vaccancies)......

Comment

3-4 months is about what it would take bro, between the written test and the final hiring decision. Send me a PM if you have a specific question about your eligibility. Phoenix's hiring is governed by AZ post requirements, specifically who can be certified as a police officer here in AZ, and which background/medical/psychological issues are automatic disqualifiers.

Comment

Disqualifiers

Check out R13-4-105. Minimum Qualifications for Appointment in the AZPOST under Title 13. I know it's not easy reading, but most of the automatic DQ's are in there. Here's the link:

http://www.azpost.state.az.us/

Comment

Originally posted by JI603 View Post
                          3-4 months is about what it would take bro, between the written test and the final hiring decision....
                          wow, I live around Chicago and my hiring process here is taking over 2.5 years. I should get on at around 3 years
                          I am planning on moving to Phoenix in about 1.5-2 years. Do you guys think I should apply now or do you think Phoenix will continue to hire in about a year or two?
                          You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Comment

NEVER wait

There's no telling what the future holds - either for YOU or the Department. You know they're hiring now, do it now.
                            NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Hello all. I applied online to Phoenix PD about a month ago, and haven't heard anything back. I was just wondering if this is normal or not because I heard that the Phoenix PD moves the process along pretty well. I am debating on applying online again, so I was just wondering what you guys thought. Thanks in advance for the help!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6256 users online. 366 members and 5890 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X