NEW Welcome Ad

Collapse

Leader

Collapse

On the job injury attorney needed. Any recommendations?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • azBarneyFife
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2008

On the job injury attorney needed. Any recommendations?

My Surgeon says I can no longer be a cop due to in injury while on duty. Unfortunately, the city is dragging it's feet to say the least. I have not had any luck finding an attorney that will help me regarding my medical retirement. Does anyone have any names?

Thanks and Stay Safe.
  • n30
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2008

Doesnt your union offer legal advisement?

Comment

• L-1
      • Jun 2004

I don't know anything about this guy, but I believe his firm represents the Arizona Police Association. Might be worth checking out.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

• Vlo
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2007

"Be without fear in the face of your enemies
        Be brave and upright, that GOD may love thee
        Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death
        Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong"

Comment

• Fugitive Hunter
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2007

Mike Napier is my union lawyer, He is the best in the State and will bring any city to its knees. PM me Barney Fife if you need additional info

Comment

• azBarneyFife
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2008

I tried Napier's firm early on in the process. I got the feeling they were overbooked and not to excited about my situation. I've had that feeling over the years with them and was hoping to find someone that didnt make me feel like I was another person in the mill. This is important to me. Maybe I'll try them again. Thanks and stay safe!

Comment

• StalkerCop
              Positive Thinker
              • Dec 2004

Fugitive, You must be with APA if you have Napier, however I didnt know, at least when I was with your agency APA was not a union option. It was either FOP or AZCOPS. Which FOP uses Yen Pilch and Komadina. Did something change over there? How did you manage to get in with APA?

Comment

• StalkerCop
                Positive Thinker
                • Dec 2004

Fugitive, You must be with APA if you have Napier, however I didnt know, at least when I was with your agency APA was not a union option. It was either FOP or AZCOPS. Which FOP uses Yen Pilch and Komadina. Did something change over there? How did you manage to get in with APA?

Accidently posted twice. On the edit button it says edit/delete but I cant seem to delete it. Anyone know how?
                Last edited by StalkerCop; 09-27-2008, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Aquapong
                  Forum Member
                  • May 2006

Even if you don't work for Phx...Plea will probably be able to point you in the right direction.

The mission of PLEA is to PROMOTE the positive role of the police profession, and to PROTECT and secure members’ rights and benefits through effective representation and professional relationships with the community and local, state, and national governments.

Comment

• Fugitive Hunter
                    Forum Member
                    • Dec 2007

Hey Stalker, yea we did it after you left, Some sworn investigators joined. We combined with Liquor and I believe the Campus police and capitol police are going to join with us. Our president use to work with us and now works with ADOT as an investigator. Napier is the top in the State, he defended Lovelace on Murder Charges and he didnt pay a dime out of his pocket. Dale Norris is a pretty good dude also. Its kind of shocking out here that some officers are not members of a union. I would feel naked without a union. Alot of PD's out pull alot nonsense on officers and they feel they cant be touched because its a right to work to state.

Comment

• StalkerCop
                      Positive Thinker
                      • Dec 2004

Cool glad to hear you guys joined with APA. What is your local union called? Has the department recognized it along with FOP and AZCOPS? Even with a right to work state, some cities like mine and phx have it in the city charter that they shall negotiate wages with unions.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20265 users online. 39 members and 20226 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...