• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMS80
    replied
    Originally posted by dnj1784 View Post
    did anyone attend tonights orientation
    I was there but I was also apart of that group that left in the beginning since I had gone through the orientation within the past 6 months. It was actually my third time doing it so I'm a pro at filling out that application

Leave a comment:

• dnj1784
    replied
    did anyone attend tonights orientation

Leave a comment:

• Bass
    replied
    Originally posted by thiscoplovescoins
    I am only going on the information given to me by the MCSO recruitment staff.
    What I meant was that if you don't know what you are doing or how to do it, it won't matter if you are the sheriff himself, the inmates will give you crap. Just because you walk in with a deputy uniform on into the jails or with a DO uniform on, they will still give you crap until you put a stop to it.

Leave a comment:

• FlyByWire
    replied
    Edit........
    Last edited by FlyByWire; 10-21-2008, 07:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bass
    replied
    Originally posted by thiscoplovescoins
    Its better to start out working in the jail. Because they rotate you in and out anyway. If you have never worked the jail the inmates will be able to tell and you will end up being treated like someones little girl. Because the inmates end up playing with you.
    So how is going in as a new DO any different than being transfered in as a Deputy?

Leave a comment:

• Rockk
    replied
    FlyByWire - empty your inbox!

Leave a comment:

• Fugitive Hunter
    replied
    Ritchie, are you in the academy right now? did someone finally pick you up or are you going to GCC?

Leave a comment:

• dnj1784
    replied
    Yeah I heard a rumor that they have limited deputy positions and current detention officer will get the deputy spots before anyone on the outside would. Therefore, I just applied for detention officer, so I will have a better chance to be hired on as a deputy. When they get more funding for deputy spots.

Leave a comment:

• Taylor815
    replied
    right now they just opened recruitment for deputy for DO's

Leave a comment:

• Ram08
    replied
    I took the the written in April and they said 12 months, but like every department that could change at the drop of a hat....owelll

Leave a comment:

• d353rt5tar
    replied
    Originally posted by dustjim View Post
    I was in the hiring process with them in May then they put that freeze on. Now they are telling I have to reapply again and do everything over again. Has anyone else been told this too?
    I was told the same thing.

If it weren't because I am so far along in the process w/ another agency, I would be re-applying w/ MCSO.

As for the written, it is good until they update the test, which hasn't happened since the late 90s.. I think...

Leave a comment:

• Ram08
    replied
    U should only have to reapply and they you will start were you left off, that is how they have done it in the passed, you may have to retake your physical but your written should be good for 6 to 12 months (I forgot)

Leave a comment:

• Ritchie
    replied
    My apologies. I was wrong. Just trying to help recruitment. I guess it does not help when you're giving out wrong information. My apologies
    Last edited by Ritchie; 10-17-2008, 02:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dustjim
    replied
    I was in the hiring process with them in May then they put that freeze on. Now they are telling I have to reapply again and do everything over again. Has anyone else been told this too?

Leave a comment:

• AzLaw_E
    replied
    MCSO412A,

I was thinking about going Reserve when i worked there. From what i was told it's simply a memo to your supervisor up the chain from reserve to full time.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2577 users online. 126 members and 2451 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X