Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in the hiring process with them in May then they put that freeze on. Now they are telling I have to reapply again and do everything over again. Has anyone else been told this too?

Comment

My apologies. I was wrong. Just trying to help recruitment. I guess it does not help when you're giving out wrong information. My apologies
      Last edited by Ritchie; 10-17-2008, 02:06 AM.

Comment

U should only have to reapply and they you will start were you left off, that is how they have done it in the passed, you may have to retake your physical but your written should be good for 6 to 12 months (I forgot)

Comment

Originally posted by dustjim View Post
          I was in the hiring process with them in May then they put that freeze on. Now they are telling I have to reapply again and do everything over again. Has anyone else been told this too?
          I was told the same thing.

If it weren't because I am so far along in the process w/ another agency, I would be re-applying w/ MCSO.

As for the written, it is good until they update the test, which hasn't happened since the late 90s.. I think...
          ------------------------------------------------------------
          Legum servi sumus ut liberi esse possimus.

La Juda, Los Chotas, La Placa =
          -------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I took the the written in April and they said 12 months, but like every department that could change at the drop of a hat....owelll

Comment

right now they just opened recruitment for deputy for DO's

Comment

Yeah I heard a rumor that they have limited deputy positions and current detention officer will get the deputy spots before anyone on the outside would. Therefore, I just applied for detention officer, so I will have a better chance to be hired on as a deputy. When they get more funding for deputy spots.

Comment

Ritchie, are you in the academy right now? did someone finally pick you up or are you going to GCC?

Comment

FlyByWire - empty your inbox!

Comment

Originally posted by thiscoplovescoins
                      Its better to start out working in the jail. Because they rotate you in and out anyway. If you have never worked the jail the inmates will be able to tell and you will end up being treated like someones little girl. Because the inmates end up playing with you.
                      So how is going in as a new DO any different than being transfered in as a Deputy?
                      LOCKDOWN!

Comment

Edit........
                        Last edited by FlyByWire; 10-21-2008, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thiscoplovescoins
                          I am only going on the information given to me by the MCSO recruitment staff.
                          What I meant was that if you don't know what you are doing or how to do it, it won't matter if you are the sheriff himself, the inmates will give you crap. Just because you walk in with a deputy uniform on into the jails or with a DO uniform on, they will still give you crap until you put a stop to it.
                          LOCKDOWN!

Comment

did anyone attend tonights orientation

Comment

Originally posted by dnj1784 View Post
                              did anyone attend tonights orientation
                              I was there but I was also apart of that group that left in the beginning since I had gone through the orientation within the past 6 months. It was actually my third time doing it so I'm a pro at filling out that application

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3717 users online. 228 members and 3489 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X