300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MCSO Hiring

Anyone Hear when the MCSO will hire for Deputys again.

I check the website weekly

I was hoping for some scuttlebutt. Or rumors.Or best guess at this point.

Comment

No good rumors going around the jails....... the fiscal year has come and gone and there still isn't any word... I got money on it opening back up when the election for sheriff is over

Comment

No good rumors going around the jails....... the fiscal year has come and gone and there still isn't any word... I got money on it opening back up when the election for sheriff is over

Comment

I've talked to some people over in hiring and they don't even have an idea when they will start hiring again.
          Pain is your friend, your ally, it will tell you when you are seriously injured, it will keep you awake and angry, and remind you to finish the job and get the hell home. But you know the best thing about pain? It lets you know you're not dead yet!

Comment

I believe they are doing internal hiring of DOs for Deputy.

A DO I know said he took the physical for Deputy about two weeks ago. He said something about a Deputy Academy for Jan. He mentioned something about only DOs testing at the moment. So if this information is true, I am guessing they are recruiting from within the office???

Again, I am not sure how true this info is.
            Last edited by d353rt5tar; 09-17-2008, 12:07 AM.
            ------------------------------------------------------------
            Legum servi sumus ut liberi esse possimus.

La Juda, Los Chotas, La Placa =
            -------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Last edited by Ritchie; 10-17-2008, 12:40 AM.

Comment

I'm in that boat right now, I'm a D.O and can't stand working the jail any more. but i can't afford to send myself to GCC......Owell

Comment

Last edited by Ritchie; 10-17-2008, 12:39 AM.

Comment

I believe you can fill out the FAFSA stuff online and get financial help through grants and loans for the GCC academy.

Comment

better hurry, got a briefing board at work saying that they are taking applications up until like October 10th or something....

Comment

Originally posted by Ritchie View Post
                        By the way. They were all sponsored by MCSO. I am not really sure what that entails. I think you only have to pay for tuition yourself. You will be reimbursed at a later date. But everything else is taken cared of by MCSO...ie....uniforms, leahter gear, ammo, car for the driving track, etc etc
                        MCSO doesn't provide anything uniform-wise, or at least they never used to. The guys in your class that are D.O.s get a uniform allowance due to their full-time position but otherwise you have to buy everything yourself- Uniforms, duty gear, weapons, vest, etc. They may provide the cars for the driving track for the recruits they sponsor, but sponsorship is just that: they get you a spot in the academy. Everything else is (or used to be) on you....
                        1*

Ten dash eight!

Comment

Going from Reserve to Full Time ? What is needed ?

Hello All,

If I want to go from Reserve Deputy to Full Time Deputy down the road, does anyone know what will need to have happen to do so ?

Thanks,
                          MCSO412A
                          "A child has the right to feel that in his home he has a place of refuge, a place of protection from the dangers and evils of the outside world." David O. McKay -

Comment

My apologies. I was wrong. Just trying to help recruitment. I guess it does not help when you're giving out wrong information. My apologies
                            Last edited by Ritchie; 10-17-2008, 02:06 AM.

Comment

MCSO412A,

I was thinking about going Reserve when i worked there. From what i was told it's simply a memo to your supervisor up the chain from reserve to full time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3286 users online. 146 members and 3140 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X