300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 28.2158.c

OK quick question..bored on a tuesday nite and dont feel like waiting till thursday to ask a motor..what do you guys write for someone who does not have their registration in the vehicle.. 28.2158.C?? I was always under the impression that since they had a current reg, but just not in the car, they could either fax or mail in a copy of the reg and the charge would be dismissed, but I was reading ARS as well as our bond envelopes and did not see that anywhere..just a fine.. Am i missing something?

I know there is a defense for not carrying a license and current insurance..simply mail in a copy and it gets dismissed..

should i be writing something different for the registration not in vehicle?? dont want to really penalize someone for not having their reg in vehicle unless its warranted..

thnx

That's what I always wrote in thoose situations. It negates the defense of "It's not my car" & is more specific........

Comment

I cant remember the last time I wrote for that. If the 28 comes back and all is well, forget it. The intent of that law is for cops who dont have the ability to get instant or quick returns on inquiries to have a little peace of mind the car is legit. I dont even ask for the reg anymore unless there is a problem w/ the 28 or the plate itself.

Comment

I rarely write it anymore. If I get a vehicle w/no registration or insurance and the driver says it belongs to a "friend" who let them borrow it but doesn't know the "friends" name they get 2158C and 4135C.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5973 users online. 358 members and 5615 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X