• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wait is on

OK so now we wait-

Test- Completed
    PAT- Completed
    Interview- Completed (awaiting next step notification)

So we did our informal personal history questionnaire on Friday and then we were able to sign up for our interviews. I signed up for first day of interviews and 7:30 AM . Thought to myself it will be better to get the process started so my wait will be cut down, first in first DQ or moving on....well maybe not.....talking with the interviewer and reading the paperwork most of the interviews will be completed prior to moving anyone on to the psych testing which is a bummer, cause in hind sight i would have hit about the middle of the pack to maybe eliminate a little of the wait on the front and back ends.

Owell that is really no biggie except i just don't like waiting.

So here is a question I am pretty sure i know the answer too...

During the interview most questions were "ask" - "provide answer" and didn't really need or more importantly want a long explanation to go along with them. However a couple of the questions let you open up abit more and sell yourself and your ideals. I still got the impression they wanted me to be honest and thorough but not long winded but I feel as if I didn't answer "enough" to promote myself.

So the question is should I write these questions down and answer them again, not changing but expanding on what was already said and submit them to them now (after the interview) or just let it be and see how it goes?

I don't want to bug them since they are VERY busy but I would hate to have them thinking my interest or planning wasn't there because my answers were shorter then my hindsight wants me to have made them.

Now to rant.....

Holy crap hindsight sucks, I left the interview feeling pretty good with only a minor bit of regret for not expanding on some details about myself but that regret seems to be increasing as I think of more things I should have said. Why do we do that to ourselves? Nothing like a unhealthy bit of nervous anticipation to keep ones mind from focusing.

But you know all in all I am very happy with what I have done.

I passed the written/video with flying colors, killed the PAT, and lost 50 lbs in the process. Even though I know this might not work out as a career right now I am better for the experience for sure. However I am sure I will gain back 5lbs eating Cookie Dough if i get DQ'd but I most certainly wont keep the weight on.

Post Back when the next step happens!

Good luck to all the rest in the process!
    Last edited by akpainter; 08-06-2008, 08:13 PM.
    One Day.....Maybe

Good luck!

I know all about the "oh crap, I should have said this..." hindsight stuff...it sucks. But, nothing you can really do about it now. This is the point at which I got removed from the process...for whatever reason, they didn't like me. There really is nothing in my background that I can figure as a DQ, so I honestly think it just came down to whether or not they liked me and how I could/should have presented myself better. Oh well.

Hang in there...you may have a couple weeks wait before you hear anything. I suck at waiting for things, too, so that part was not fun.
    "All that is, ever
    Ever was, will be, ever
    Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

good luck to you both. Keep in mind, your BI most likely reviews this site. Really, I'd keep in mind that anything you put on the internet, anywhere could potentially be reviewed. Just something to keep in mind. Good life advice, really. LOL.

What department are you guys applying at? APD?

anyway, again, good luck!

I don't think that personal dislike/like has much to do with it though...but I never made it past the physch guy from brought up from CA. So what do I know...?

Comment

"Like" is the only term I can think of, but it's really not the right one. I just mean whether or not they thought I'd fit in or whatever...it's hard to know what their reasons are, cause they won't tell you.
        "All that is, ever
        Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

yeah, that is frustrating. I know. I agonized over it for years. Now I'm moving on. Going south.....

Comment

Thanks SuperDually...

Yeah I know that Steve Haas is on this site and I don't want to make any waves or problems for my application so I kept all the details vague to make sure I didn't mess with the confidentially agreement.

Also if Steve or a BI was to read this they might post an answer to the question I had. However Fish answered it just how I figured it need to play out so we shall see.

Family in Oregon there Super? Thanks for the advice and well wishes and talk with you soon.

Fish-
            Thanks for your support bro I really appreciate the posts and your activity on this board. Still waiting on the other PD's? Gonna try Troopers ? Tried airport police?

Later man!

One Day.....Maybe

Comment

Oh how things have change.

35 years ago this month (Aug 73) I was living in Healy. (Actually a little cabin in Lignite, 3 miles North of Healy on the tracks) no electricty or water. Wife kept mentioning movng to town. So one day I was driving by 6th and C and stopped to put in an application. They fixed it so I could take the test and all right then, after all was said and done, they said they would notify me.

Fast forward to Mar 74, I was in the NG and was at AT. To keep the Wife happy during AT I put her in the Guest House at EAFB during AT. When AT was over she desided we need to move to town, the two weeks spoiled her.

So I head back to 6th and C ST. I ask them if they were gonna hire me or not. This was in the morning of the 8th of March. I started work a 8PM. They put us to work until they got enough people for an accademy then pulled us off the street.

LOL when they first put you to work, they gave you some mony and sent you down town to pick up hookers for the first two weeks. I was as bushy as they came and had to ask directions to 4th Ave. The hookers never figured I was a cop.

What the heck, I stuck with it for 20 years, retiring March 8th 1994. I guess the retirement plan and retired medical is a bit differant too. I miss the people I worked with, but I dont miss Anchorae or police work.

But good luck to all you who are applying.

Comment

Originally posted by akpainter View Post
                Thanks SuperDually...

Yeah I know that Steve Haas is on this site and I don't want to make any waves or problems for my application so I kept all the details vague to make sure I didn't mess with the confidentially agreement.

Also if Steve or a BI was to read this they might post an answer to the question I had. However Fish answered it just how I figured it need to play out so we shall see.

Family in Oregon there Super? Thanks for the advice and well wishes and talk with you soon.

Fish-
                Thanks for your support bro I really appreciate the posts and your activity on this board. Still waiting on the other PD's? Gonna try Troopers ? Tried airport police?

Later man!

Yep, I still have my hands in the fire. Got a couple apps out, in process. Will be applying for the troopers again here soon...the current opening closes in a couple of weeks. I've been putting it off, mainly because I'm tired of all the repeat paperwork, but also been trying to fill the freezer for the winter with fish.

I was totally bummed that I completely missed the Wasilla PD opening...lol. That would have been an ideal place to work, as my wife and I have discussed moving out that way anyway. Maybe next time...

Still haven't tried airport police. They rotate as firemen, and get paid less. Not sure I'd want the extra training for less money. I'm probably going to travel to WA state for some testing later in the year as well. There are a lot of good, smaller-townish PD's in western Washington that I'm pretty sure I could live with.

Good luck with APD...I hope you only hear good news.
                "All that is, ever
                Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6803 users online. 377 members and 6426 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X