300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tougher in Alaska

Anyone interested might want to check it out tonight. They are profiling the "Troopers of the Arctic" or something like that. Looks interesting.

Oh yeah...it's July 20.
    Last edited by fishAK; 07-20-2008, 04:35 PM. Reason: Thought I'd mention the date
    "All that is, ever
    Ever was, will be, ever
    Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

What channel?

Comment

The History Channel. Channel 58 on GCI in Anchorage.

My DVR is set :-)

Comment

Sorry...yeah, History channel. Was in a hurry when I wrote that, but figured people could find it if they wanted to.
        "All that is, ever
        Ever was, will be, ever
        Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

Really interesting episode. Looked like a rather different type of policing than the lower states.

Comment

That was an awsome show!!

Comment

pretty neat. we actually have a retired Alaska trooper working for us now in my region. He's got some pretty wild stories.
              He who laughs last.......thinks slowest

Comment

I thought it was a good show since I'm applying for way down yander...I just wished they would have shown some more "winter" conditions and what life is really like..

Good show though..
                The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

It was a great eppisode, I had to get up at 0 dark thirty this morning and I still stayed up to watch it. Really makes you apreciate how "easy" we have it here in the "lesser" 48

Comment

I liked the Shungnak story. When I was working for the NSBDPS in Wainwright we could hire a temporary jail guard to watch our prisoners or we could take them home with us. Sometimes finding a jail guard that was sober could be a challange. We had a spare bedroom in the duplex with an eye bolt in the floor. You just put the leg iron on around one leg and the other in the eye bolt. The room was empty so they had plenty of floor space. Things sure are different in the land of the midnight sun.

Comment

yea...that was different to see... but I damn sure aint taken a prisoner home with me.
                      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

If that's what the job entails you'll take a prisoner home. The majority of them were just too intoxicated to release. They passed out once we got them settled. In the morning they were good to go and extremely apologetic.

Comment

The episode is now available online. All I can say is...WOW.

Comment

They should have had a segment about the admin and dealing with the Gov's office...LOL... That'd be "tougher in Alaska"...:-)

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5331 users online. 306 members and 5025 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X