X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • akpainter
    Reserve Officer
    • Apr 2008

APD July 12 Testing

Time is here again.....I wonder how many will be at the testing on Saturday....

Anyone else going?

Lets get it on
    One Day.....Maybe
  • dannmann1050
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2004

I was going to test, but a day's notice isn't gonna cut it coming from Central Florida...
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

• Ghostrider_RSA
      Forum Member
      • Oct 2005

Argh - maybe again in October - we'll see.

Comment

• fishAK
        Midnight sun worshipper
        • Jan 2008

I only have to wait until...mmm...April, 2010 before I can try again. And they won't say why. Sure makes me want to put forth the effort again.

Sorry...venting a little frustration.
        "All that is, ever
        Ever was, will be, ever
        Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

• Ghostrider_RSA
          Forum Member
          • Oct 2005

No problem at all. For me it's the FrontLine video that I find to be a pain in the ***. Doesn't make anyone a bad Officer or candidate at all IMHO. It is just one form of testing for e.g. - where one would receive the necessary training in the Academy anyway. One has to bear their environment (and degree of enforcement) in mind as well. We don't do traffic back home, we don't issue fines etc. Though I think that APD is far more prone to enforcing what would be minor issues to us, and that is something that I need to apply in the testing. Sooooo, I can kick my own *** for that one. *sigh* We'll just have to see what happens next time around. Sorry they have told you to wait two-years... that is a long-time in anyone's book.

Comment

• fishAK
            Midnight sun worshipper
            • Jan 2008

Yeah, it's just frustrating. You think failing the tests is bad, wait until you pass them all, make it about halfway through the process, and then have them rescind the conditional offer with no explanation. And it's a mandatory 2 year wait to reapply if you get that far....aaaarrrrggghhh.

I put so much time and effort into it all, it's just disheartening when it doesn't go the way you have planned in your head. It's all good, though...water under the bridge, moving on to other things, etc. etc. Depending on how things work out, I just may be back ready to try again in 2010.

Good luck!
            "All that is, ever
            Ever was, will be, ever
            Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

• Ghostrider_RSA
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2005

And to you my friend! Never give up, keep the faith!

Comment

• alaskariverguy
                Forum Member
                • Nov 2007

I was there

The first time I applied I got through the polygraph and then got the bad news letter. Two years was a long time to wait but when I reapplied everything went smoothly, that was 12 years ago. Hate to sound like a cheerleader, but if it is something you really want don't give up.

Steve

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18196 users online. 26 members and 18170 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...