Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job openings in Anchorage

Hey,

I dont post here often mainly a lurker. Anyways Im currently in the military and will be done in about a year (5 years of service). A couple of days ago I got word from my folks back home that anchorage PD is having a job search in MI cause there hurting for people? After reading some of the other posts here I dont know if thats true. It sounded like the department is really picky. But Im pretty confident that my qualifications in the military would put me higher than most considering my training with close quarter combat and shooting. So any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    jared

www.joinapd.org
    When your fun ends, my fun begins

Comment

Anchorage is very picky because they have a huge hiring base. Smaller departments tend to be easier (especially ones off of the road system).

Comment

Originally posted by JaredFace View Post
        Hey,

I dont post here often mainly a lurker. Anyways Im currently in the military and will be done in about a year (5 years of service). A couple of days ago I got word from my folks back home that anchorage PD is having a job search in MI cause there hurting for people? After reading some of the other posts here I dont know if thats true. It sounded like the department is really picky. But Im pretty confident that my qualifications in the military would put me higher than most considering my training with close quarter combat and shooting. So any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
        jared
        I’m a Federal Officer and just made a lateral transfer out of Anchorage to another Fed LEO job in the lower 48. I had some contact with APD. They got a new chief that seems to be moving the Dept. into the 21st century. The Officers I had contact with seemed happy and friendly. They are short-handed and are looking for good officers. I was told by an APD officer (hired from the lower 48) that the local hiring pool is dry and this has forced them to look outside the state. FYI, the Alaska State Troopers are looking HARD. Your chances will be better with them and they love military more then APD (just my impression). APD will pay better.
        Last edited by five04zog; 07-05-2007, 07:37 PM. Reason: oops
        In God we trust, everyone else we search!

Comment

Removed for security reasons.
          Last edited by Hiberniason; 10-20-2011, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Hey,

jared
            I just relocated from the area and was there since 1995.

That's good Jared, but............. you need to stress your communication, judgement and decision making skills. These are the skills that will not only assist you in being hired in the profession, but keep you in it too.

Don't get me wrong, the other experience is good too, but they are tools of the job, but so is using a computer and a pen, along with the above items I mentioned. And think about it, how many times do you think your going to be using the items I mentioned.

Go luck and make sure it's the right department for you.

Napstr
            Last edited by Napstr; 07-11-2007, 01:39 AM.
            "God Created Police Officers So Firefighters Would Have A Hero"

Comment

Hey,

jared

Just to let you know there were lots of military men and women both testing for the APD the other day. I would say atleast 40 so dont expect just being ex military to help you get the job. Its a good thing but it doesn't automatically put you above the rest.

I'm in the application process myself and I'm getting out of the Army on August 23rd and its going to be tough. They only hire the best in Anchorage and this time we just all happen to be going against the best from Michigan and the surounding areas as well.

It will give people in the lower 48 the opportunity to get on a great department that they would other wise maybe not pay the money to fly up here because it would be too much of a risk. I think its a great thing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3284 users online. 158 members and 3126 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X