300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska State Patrol

Hello everyone. I just had some questions about the hiring process for the Alaska State Patrol. I read the thread on Anchorage. But I am strictly interested in the Troopers.

Does Alaska State Patrol recuit as much as the web site states? How many applicants would you say get hired yearly?

Do you have a good chance to be stationed in Anchorage, Fairbanks or Juneau?

Anyone know the retirement?

How many trips would be required to Alaska?

Last but not least, I heard they pay for relocation... Is this true?

Thank you!

Everything you ever wanted to know and then some. They are indeed hiring.
    Good luck.....

http://www.dps.state.ak.us/AST/recruit/recruit001.asp

Comment

I have gone to the site. I dont see where it gives all the information. I just see the courage, integrity sections etc. I think the site used to be different.

Then if you goto the actual application it states a few things, but not all the information. I suppose I am overlooking it?

Comment

Okay, maybe not everything. I don't think they pay for out-of-state relocation. But once hired, if your transfered or bid into a rural post they do pay for that move.

Most of the time your first duty station will be one of the larger cities. Anchorage, Fairbanks, Juneau, Palmer/Wasilla, or Ketchikan. I am not sure right now how they decide who goes where. At some point you'll most likely have to do a bush post.

I can't comment about the retirement system. I got in and when it was still 20and out. They recently changed things but they are probably going to be changing back.

They are hiring. I hear they are pretty short handed....

Comment

Alaska State Troopers

They are called the Alaska State Troopers, not the state patrol. The PERS retirement has changed to a 401K type plan, I think there is some kind of medical after so many years with the retirement. You stand a very good chance of being stationed in Fairbanks, Palmer or Kenai/Soldotna initially for FTO. Since I don't currently live in Alaska and have been retired for a while I'm not up on all the recruitment proceedures. I know they have recruitment problems like everyone else.

Originally posted by comilehighpower View Post
          Hello everyone. I just had some questions about the hiring process for the Alaska State Patrol. I read the thread on Anchorage. But I am strictly interested in the Troopers.

Does Alaska State Patrol recuit as much as the web site states? How many applicants would you say get hired yearly?

Do you have a good chance to be stationed in Anchorage, Fairbanks or Juneau?

Anyone know the retirement?

How many trips would be required to Alaska?

Last but not least, I heard they pay for relocation... Is this true?

Thank you!

Comment

Does the Alaska State Patrol have an aviation section? I assume they do seeing as how vast the state is. How many years do youhave to be a road trooper before you can apply and what type of aircraft do they fly?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6376 users online. 343 members and 6033 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X