Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie looking at Anchorage PD

Hey guys, how are we all?

I am currently in the Australian Military Police, with a background in Australian state police (civilian), and prior to that, six years in the Aussie infantry. My wife is currently in the New South Wales Police Force (aussie state police) with a bit over 5 years service.

We are currently looking at moving over to Alaska, with a view to joining the Anchorage PD. I have had a look through their website, and will be sending an email to the recruiting staff there, but I thought I would drop a line in here and have a chat with some of the local people.

The main concern I have at this stage would probably be securing employment in the short term to cover us while waiting for the recruiting process to be completed. We have had friends/relatives that have stated to us that they found employment very easily when in the US, and we were wondering about how the job market is in the Anchorage area?

My experience is mainly in the police/military/security area, though I have also worked behind a bar. My wife has a background in advertising before she joined the police, but would be happy to do nanny work or anything else in the meantime.

Any opinions or info you guys could throw our way would be greatly appreciated, or even just to say hello.

Thanks in advance,
    Shawn.

PS. My email at work is [email protected], or at home at [email protected] if you have anything you would rather relate in an email than a post here.
    Last edited by skohler01; 04-24-2007, 04:44 PM.

The job market in Anchorage is great; especially in the summer. Here is a list of jobs in Alaska:

http://alexsys.labor.state.ak.us/

Comment

Thanks for that link, seems as though there is no shortage of work, I'm sure we will be able to find something to keep us going.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4582 users online. 290 members and 4292 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X