Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only ONE WEEK left to apply for the APD opening!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reasonable hotels and June in Alaska don't go together, unfortunately. That's the worst possible time to come. Frankly, I'd just use Expedia to search for the best rates. PM me if you want and I can help try to get you some more info.

Evans: I was told they had about 150 apps before the extension, so I figure doubling that is reasonable, but I really have no first-hand knowledge of what the total is.
    "All that is, ever
    Ever was, will be, ever
    Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

When searching for hotels the famaliar chains are usually a safe bet. There are some less than stellar places that I would avoid, keep in mind that like everything else you get what you pay for.

As to the 32 applicant email that was my error. That's what happens when you put a cop at the computer instead of out on the street! I now know about bcc on emails!

Steve

Comment

I have my flight and hotel booked! So excited for this testing. I am going to the testing on June 13 - 21. Is there going to be something going on everyday or are we going to have some of the days open? Assuming that I pass all of the tests

Comment

haha, sry steve I didn't mean to throw you under the bus...

Comment

I'm looking forward to getting the initial testing done as well. I'm not sure what the process for the in-town folks will be after that...you out-of-staters will probably get it all done right away while we wait our turns, which makes sense. May as well make the most of your time here and get as much done as possible in one trip.
            "All that is, ever
            Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

You will have a free couple of days in between stages of the selection process. Should have enough time to get a 1-3 day fishing license and make a run down to the Kenai for some red salmon fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by alaskariverguy View Post
                You will have a free couple of days in between stages of the selection process. Should have enough time to get a 1-3 day fishing license and make a run down to the Kenai for some red salmon fishing.
                That'd be a fun way to introduce them to Alaska! Throw them to the hordes at the Russian....

I might be able to take one or two guys fishing, time and schedules permitting. So, in all seriousness, PM me if you might be interested and we'll see what we can do. If nothing else, it'll give you a brief look at more of Alaska away from Anchorage.
                Last edited by fishAK; 05-27-2011, 05:47 PM. Reason: Adding info
                "All that is, ever
                Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

June 13th, I'll be there!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4789 users online. 298 members and 4491 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X