Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only ONE WEEK left to apply for the APD opening!!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only ONE WEEK left to apply for the APD opening!!

The posting closes at 5pm on May 23rd so to be sure to get your applications in or let anyone you know that might be a good candidate know to get there app in. The numbers have been pretty low so far and I doubt we will get enough at this rate to fill a 28 person academy.

Here is a link to the application: CLICK HERE!

POSTING HAS BEEN CHANGED AND IS NOW OPEN UNTIL JUNE 24!!

Steve
    Last edited by alaskariverguy; 05-19-2011, 11:50 AM.

Still trying to decide if I'm going to apply or not.

Will the Academy be cancelled if you don't get 28 people?

Comment

I doubt they would cancel the academy if they did not get all 28, they would need to get enough to justify having the academy, doubt they would do it for less than 10 but you never know.

Steve

Comment

hmmm, I applied when it first opened and got an email like 2 days later saying thanks but no thanks. It seemed odd because I hadn't had any of the other 10+ prior apps I had sent out come back denied. I just figured it was because I was from out of state.

Comment

I applied a week ago and haven't heard anything yet. I know my friend who is also in MN was invited to test in early June.

Comment

Originally posted by mnwannabe View Post
            I applied a week ago and haven't heard anything yet. I know my friend who is also in MN was invited to test in early June.
            Check with Officer Bowe to make sure that he got your application. His email is [email protected]. He will be back in on Friday.

Steve

Comment

It took a couple of weeks, but I did hear back and was invited to test and given 4 dates to choose from.

Does anyone know where they do their running test?
              "All that is, ever
              Ever was, will be, ever
              Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

fishAK,

Did you get notified by phone or email? Thanks.

Eric

Comment

It's all been email. The invite, test dates, then I picked a date and emailed back, they emailed back confirming. I have yet to actually speak to anyone.
                  "All that is, ever
                  Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Originally posted by fishAK View Post
                    It's all been email. The invite, test dates, then I picked a date and emailed back, they emailed back confirming. I have yet to actually speak to anyone.
                    Thanks much, good to know since I don't have access to my phone right now.

Eric

Comment

Last edited by That Guy; 05-19-2011, 11:28 AM.
                      Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

I hate when they do that. It just seems like a slap in the face of those that have already applied, like they are saying "you're not good enough."

I know they need a large pool because most don't make the cut, but still...there's just that feeling of dread whenever something I've applied for gets an extension to the application opening.
                        "All that is, ever
                        Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Fish, you make a good point. It is a slap in the face to those that comply and do it the "correct way." Agencies should take what they have and go thru the files. If it doesn't pan out, then open another hiring cycle and allow people to apply then. I'm just not down with the concept of extending the period until we get who we want. That just drives me bonkers.
                          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Originally posted by dannmann1050 View Post
                            Fish, you make a good point. It is a slap in the face to those that comply and do it the "correct way." Agencies should take what they have and go thru the files. If it doesn't pan out, then open another hiring cycle and allow people to apply then. I'm just not down with the concept of extending the period until we get who we want. That just drives me bonkers.
                            I understand how you feel but it is not pratical to have another opening later on due to the time constraints of processing applicants in time for the October academy. If they had another opening later on it would delay the start of the academy until next year. When I was involved in the hiring process I can't remember a time when we had more qualified applicants than positions so by extending the opening they will hopefully get enough through the selection process to fill the academy.

Steve

Comment

Last edited by That Guy; 05-19-2011, 11:28 AM.
                              Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6353 users online. 346 members and 6007 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X