Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They finally posted the officer opening for APD!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They finally posted the officer opening for APD!

Got the notice last night. You can now apply for the officer opening, go to www.muni.org/jobs.

Here is a link

Sgt. Padgett will be in charge of this selection process. His email address is [email protected]. Don't flood him with questions, especially those that you can answer for yourself by viewing www.joinapd.org. The testing dates have not been picked yet (that I am aware of) so for now just get your applications in and get in shape!

Feel free to ask me questions and I will see if I can help.

Steve

Awesome. Thanks for the info, Steve.

28 Positions....no outside recruiting...that helps the odds.

One question: What are the shift differentials? I can't seem to find that info.
    Last edited by fishAK; 04-22-2011, 03:31 PM.
    "All that is, ever
    Ever was, will be, ever
    Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

For the testing, what are the odds of the written/PAT?+more happening on the same day, or maybe even at a testing center out of state?
      That 8% degree bonus is nice.

Comment

Applying right now!

Comment

I have been looking at the Joinapd.org site and don't understand one thing. In the Forms section it gives you what you all need. In other sections it mentions a "request to test form". Is this something that still needs to be done? And when do you turn that in?

I am applying now on-line and assume that all the forms should be brought on the first round of testing? Any answers would be great.

Thank you!

Comment

^^^^^^ I've been told to apply online. That's what I did.

Comment

Let me double check on Monday to make sure that the process is still the same, but you should submit a request to test form first and then they will let you know when testing is going to be. The actual muni applications will be collected later.

I can almost guarantee that there will be no out of state testing or recruiting trips any time soon.

The shift differentials are 3% extra for swing shift 1500-0100 and 6% extra for mid shift, 2300-0900 hours.

steve

Comment

Thanks, Steve. That's what I remembered for the differentials, but wasn't sure.

Applying is tomorrow's project....got Easter stuff today, but on first look I didn't see anything about the request to test form, just the muni on-line app.
                "All that is, ever
                Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Okay talked to Sgt Padgett today, he hasn't had a chance to do the scheduling yet but is working on it. Just apply online through muni.org. No test dates have been picked as of yet. Once he gets a chance to do the calendaring and schedule things he will post it or get it to me and I will post it on here. Hopefully the joinapd.org website will be updated with the information and the newsletter resurrected.

I think they will be pulling a miracle to get the everyone through the process by Oct but you never know stranger things have happened.

Steve

Comment

Thanks for the info, Steve!

Comment

Where does it say no out of state testers?

Comment

Originally posted by McSteam View Post
                        I think you're misinterpreting. There won't be recruitment, which includes testing, out of state. I don't think that means out of state testers can't apply and come here for testing. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
                        "All that is, ever
                        Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Originally posted by McSteam View Post
                          Sorry for the confusion, out of state applicants are welcome to apply, no requirement to be an Alaskan resident. However the testing will all be done here in Anchorage and may require multilple trips to complete the selection process.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

What do you guys pay for medical monthy? Union dues?

Thanks in advance for the info...

Comment

Cool. I'm putting in an app for them and AST...... but I know lots of people test at these things. I have a decent background, but by no means perfect. I'd hate to spend all this money which I barely have to test only to get rejected...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3252 users online. 188 members and 3064 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X