300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sand Point Police Dept. hiring

Sand Point Police Department is currently hiring 1 certified officer (any state)

Contact SPPD at 907-383-3700 or email at [email protected]

Any questions can be answered at the number/email above or post questions and I will be glad to answer

Benefits Include:

PERS Retirement
    Take Home Vehicle
    New Housing Provided at low monthly fee
    4 on 3 off schedule
    Frequent Prisoner Transports into Anchorage
    Moving reimbursement up to $2,000
    Pay DOE

Is Osborn or Chamberlain still up there?

Comment

What is the starting salary again? I don't recall it from the last go-around. Thanks
      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Staring pay for a lateral is around $22 an hour depending on experience, which is somewhat low but we have scheduled overtime, so typically our hours every 2 weeks is around 90-110, everything over 80 is overtime.

No those other 2 officers dont work here

Comment

Thanks Miller.. I recall a ton of information be posted last go around, but I guess it's been so long O.com took it off
          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Originally posted by dannmann1050 View Post
            Thanks Miller.. I recall a ton of information be posted last go around, but I guess it's been so long O.com took it off
            Here you go. Just have to change your thread viewing options at the bottom of the page then sort through the threads.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...&daysprune=365
            "All that is, ever
            Ever was, will be, ever
            Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

Thanks Fish... I was wondering where you were at.. I follow the AK pretty closely.. Usually your right on top of things :-)

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Miller.. What is the "inexpensive housing".. I'm curious

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Thanks Fish... I was wondering where you were at.. I follow the AK pretty closely.. Usually your right on top of things :-)
                  I'm still around. Summer is ramping up fast, so haven't been at the computer nearly as much lately. Plus my wife gets annoyed when I spend too much time on here...lol.
                  "All that is, ever
                  Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Miller.. What is the "inexpensive housing".. I'm curious
                    Housing is $800 a month which includes heating fuel and electricity.

Comment

****UPDATE*****
                      Sand Point Police Department is currently looking to hire two police officers. We would prefer certified officers (from any state), but will accept applications from persons who have completed a police academy with at least 400 hours of training.

Contact SPPD at 907-383-3700 or email at [email protected].

Feel free to call or email with any questions.
                      Last edited by eaglewrench; 09-04-2011, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Have these been filled?

Originally posted by eaglewrench View Post
                        ****UPDATE*****
                        Sand Point Police Department is currently looking to hire two police officers. We would prefer certified officers (from any state), but will accept applications from persons who have completed a police academy with at least 400 hours of training.

Contact SPPD at 907-383-3700 or email at [email protected].

Feel free to call or email with any questions.
                        Eaglewrench: I have a couple of buddies that are seeking to move North here to Alaska. Just curious. Have either or both of these positions been filled? Thanks much. --K.

Comment

Yeah, I was just going to ask this as well.

Tell the powers that be to hire me even though I haven't been to an academy yet....

"All that is, ever
                          Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

These positions are still open and we are looking to fill them. As of right now the city does not want to spend the money on an academy. However, we are going to get a new mayor and some council members in October so we are hopping for a change on this issue. Frankly we have a hard time getting certified applicants and are running short staffed right now.

So tell your buddies to give a call and get an application! If they have questions they can call and someone will get back with them.

Fish, I will keep you in mind and let you know if the city changes it's mind about the academy.

Also, to anyone looking for a job here, or in any city, please know a little bit about the town (like where it is located) before the chief calls you for an interview. Just say'n.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglewrench View Post
                              ...Also, to anyone looking for a job here, or in any city, please know a little bit about the town (like where it is located) before the chief calls you for an interview. Just say'n.
                              Sage advice, to be sure. There's scarcely anything more pathetic than the ill-prepared applicant that hasn't even taken the time to practice some good ol' Google-Fu. --K.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6442 users online. 345 members and 6097 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X