300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Alaska Forums

Hello everyone! I'm new to o.com but its been a wealth of information. I just submitted my application for AST, faxed in my other info, now just filling out the background packet. Good luck to everyone!

Good luck to you as well! Welcome.

Be sure to be VERY thorough on your packet. No blanks, no mess, no info left out.

Comment

Yeah, luckily I just finished an International Police mission and still had a copy of my State Dept background so I didn't have to dig up everything, just took a few minutes to hand write everything. Making photocopies of my certifications with my antique printer took the longest but I believe I have everything done finally.

Comment

It took you a few minutes?!?

I'm doing something wrong, then. Takes me hours to hand-write all the info. Of course, I'm trying to use my best hand writing, which takes some concentration, and I scrap anything with a tiny mistake....I'm just jealous. I've done all the paperwork half a dozen times now, I have copies of it all, but still the writing it all out part takes me several hours.

Good luck, and welcome to the Alaska section!
        "All that is, ever
        Ever was, will be, ever
        Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

Well, a few minutes = a few days. I was actually right at the 14 day deadline when I sent it off this morning. I wasn't paying attention to the date, I hope sending it on 4/20 doesn't jinx me!

Comment

Well I very well may be out of the running. I met all the deadlines, sent in my background, all certifications, academy syllabus, ect. However, I just noticed a copy of my birth certificate and high school diploma sitting on my table in a pile of paperwork. I am thinking they are the copies I made to be sent in but I am not sure. If I didn't send those in I am toast.

Comment

Call recruitment and ask if you can fax those in or something. Explain the situation. You never know...can't hurt to try.
              "All that is, ever
              Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Yeah I left them a message and sent an email, haven't heard anything yet. I'm hoping in the grand scheme of things they won't need those items right now but on the other hand, its not a question of need, its a question of following the dang instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by hoping4AK View Post
                  Yeah I left them a message and sent an email, haven't heard anything yet. I'm hoping in the grand scheme of things they won't need those items right now but on the other hand, its not a question of need, its a question of following the dang instructions.
                  Yup. Honestly wouldn't hold your breath, but it's worth a shot. They are sticklers for details, though.
                  "All that is, ever
                  Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Well I received a call today, looks like I am good to go. I was actually surprised, I had already started planning on just applying next cycle.

Comment

Well I received a call today, looks like I am good to go. I was actually surprised, I had already started planning on just applying next cycle.
                      Good deal.

Good luck with the rest of the process!
                      "All that is, ever
                      Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Good. Be very patient in between calls and interviews, lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6313 users online. 343 members and 5970 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X