• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WPD954 View Post
    move to Trona
    Or Daggett

Comment

Originally posted by jakflak View Post
      Yes...yes we are. Hippies and rednecks living in harmony.
      Lol. I almost mentioned hippies...

I do love it there. I miss our boat, which my dad took south when he retired.
      "All that is, ever
      Ever was, will be, ever
      Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by SBSO_DISPATCHER View Post
        I plan on moving to Alaska in a few years. I've always wanted to get away from the busy fast paced Southern California area and live a slower life. Only problem is I know absolutely nothing about alaska lol. I know I dont want neighbor's for a few miles. Price range would be around 300,000k. Want a nice sized house for this price. (where I live in california that buys you a 2 bedroom shack.) I tried to go online and look at some of the houses but they have all these different area's I know nothing about... Any imput? I would like to stay away from the larger city area's. Sorry if this is not the area to look but I dont what what area that would be.
        Your best bet is to take a vacation to Alaska and scout out some areas. One person's hell is another person's paradise: so what we may tell you is a great spot to live, you may hate and vice-a-verca.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by ArcticCop View Post
          Your best bet is to take a vacation to Alaska and scout out some areas. One person's hell is another person's paradise: so what we may tell you is a great spot to live, you may hate and vice-a-verca.

Good luck!
          I'll take a vacation 1st before any major decisions... Thanks for all your help.
          Gotta catch em allll.........

Comment

Fairbanks isn't so bad. It's cold, and there's snow, but life moves on. It doesn't stop people from living. You could live in Salcha or Nenana or Fox, be out of town and secluded. Drive 20-40 minutes and you have Wal Mart, Fred Meyer grocery store, movie theater, restaurants etc. If you can handle a little longer of a drive you could go to Delta and be really secluded.but still be an hour or so from the city.
            I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Valor55 View Post
              Fairbanks isn't so bad. It's cold, and there's snow, but life moves on. It doesn't stop people from living. You could live in Salcha or Nenana or Fox, be out of town and secluded. Drive 20-40 minutes and you have Wal Mart, Fred Meyer grocery store, movie theater, restaurants etc. If you can handle a little longer of a drive you could go to Delta and be really secluded.but still be an hour or so from the city.
              And like most places in Alaska, you have to balance out the good with the bad. It gets cold in the winter, sure, but it's also one of, if not the hottest, parts of the state in the summer.
              "All that is, ever
              Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

My vote would be for the Kenai Peninsula, but I agree you should take at least one or two vacations to scout out places. My wife and I work in Anchorage but we'll probably move to the KP when we retire.
                "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
                But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
                "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
                We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

Originally posted by fishAK View Post
                  I lived in Glennallen for a couple of years as a kid, and remember walking to school (in 2nd grade, mind you) when it was -45.
                  Up hill? Both ways?

Comment

Originally posted by Squirrel View Post
                    Up hill? Both ways?
                    Hahaha...

But it's true, I swear! And it wasnt too hilly or snow up to my waist. Most of the time.
                    "All that is, ever
                    Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5275 users online. 308 members and 4967 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X