Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please list all Law Enforcement Agenices within 70 miles of Anchorage.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please list all Law Enforcement Agenices within 70 miles of Anchorage.

Please list all Law Enforcement Agencies within 70 miles of Anchorage.

http://www.50states.com/alaska/police_departments.htm

Now all you need is a map.

Comment

Within 70 miles of Anchorage is pretty limited in a state this spread out. Pretty much leaves you Anchorage and the Mat-Su agencies as far as local stuff. So, APD, Wasilla Pd, Palmer PD. There is also a tiny Houston PD. Also a small PD in Whittier the other direction. I think that's it.

There are State agencies within that area, the most obvious being the State Troopers, but there are a few State Park Rangers, too.

And Anchorage has offices for several federal agencies, but not sure if you want that. FBI, DEA, Federal Marshals, NOAA, ICE...those just come to mind off the top of my head.

That link above isn't very good...of the ones I mentioned I think at least two of the local PD's weren't even listed.
      Last edited by fishAK; 03-14-2011, 06:44 PM.
      "All that is, ever
      Ever was, will be, ever
      Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by ACO88 View Post
        Please list all Law Enforcement Agencies within 70 miles of Anchorage.
        Way to make it sound like a test question.

In addition to what fish is saying, Soldtona and Kenai PD - more than 70 miles roadwise, but not by air. Why 70?

Comment

Also just remembered UAA Campus Police....

And yes, why 70 miles? That's a random distance. I assumed you meant by road, but like Alex said, there are others if you're going by how the crow flies.....
          "All that is, ever
          Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Originally posted by fishAK View Post
            Also just remembered UAA Campus Police....
            Duh, Anchorage Airport Police... . Also, JBER MP's - if you wanna take that road.

Comment

Lol. Airport! How'd I forget that?
              "All that is, ever
              Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Keep in mind Anchorage isn't legally a city, it's a municipality that's over 2400 square miles. Driving from the northern border to the southern border is somewhere around 140 miles or so. So a 70 mile radius of that covers a LOT of area.

Comment

True...I was thinking inside the box and assuming Anchorage (the city) and surrounding communities. Still, looking at the boundaries of the muni doesn't change much in terms of agencies within 70 miles. It might open a couple of more...Seward (not sure how far it is from the southern boundary), and maybe Cordova and Valdez on the East side of things.

(it's actually 1700 square miles according to the muni web site....not being snotty about knowing because I just found that out, just letting you know....)
                  "All that is, ever
                  Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Within 70 miles of Anchorage is pretty limited in a state this spread out. Pretty much leaves you Anchorage and the Mat-Su agencies as far as local stuff. So, APD, Wasilla Pd, Palmer PD. There is also a tiny Houston PD. Also a small PD in Whittier the other direction. I think that's it.

There are State agencies within that area, the most obvious being the State Troopers, but there are a few State Park Rangers, too.

And Anchorage has offices for several federal agencies, but not sure if you want that. FBI, DEA, Federal Marshals, NOAA, ICE...those just come to mind off the top of my head.

That link above isn't very good...of the ones I mentioned I think at least two of the local PD's weren't even listed.
                    Don't forget the Railroad guys and the VA hospital...........

Comment

True...I was thinking inside the box and assuming Anchorage (the city) and surrounding communities. Still, looking at the boundaries of the muni doesn't change much in terms of agencies within 70 miles. It might open a couple of more...Seward (not sure how far it is from the southern boundary), and maybe Cordova and Valdez on the East side of things.

(it's actually 1700 square miles according to the muni web site....not being snotty about knowing because I just found that out, just letting you know....)
                      The populated area is actually 1961.1 square miles, but after adding in the glacier field it brings it to about 2400.

Not to split hairs

Comment

Lol

I was just parroting the info on the other site.

"All that is, ever
                        Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

I don't want to live too far from the city, that is why I said 70 miles.

Comment

Ok, so it IS 70 road miles....

Either way, you got the answers.
                            "All that is, ever
                            Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

yeah 70 road miles. Thanks for the help

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6372 users online. 390 members and 5982 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X