Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please list all Law Enforcement Agenices within 70 miles of Anchorage.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URIF0
    replied
    Originally posted by ACO88 View Post
    I now see what you are talking about. Thanks for the info.
    AST is currently servicing the previous HPD area. At the current time, I have not heard of any plans by the Houston City Council to start the police department over again.

Leave a comment:

• ACO88
    replied
    Originally posted by jakflak View Post
    You might want to do some research on the circus that department has been in the recent past. A lot of officers won't touch it due to some of the Houston politics and a history of screwing over officers.
    I now see what you are talking about. Thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• fishAK
    replied
    What he said. Bad PR from a variety of angles lately.

Leave a comment:

• jakflak
    replied
    I was looking at Houston PD and it says they are not staffed. Does anybody know if they will be hiring at all?
    You might want to do some research on the circus that department has been in the recent past. A lot of officers won't touch it due to some of the Houston politics and a history of screwing over officers.

Leave a comment:

• ACO88
    replied
    Originally posted by fishAK View Post
    Within 70 miles of Anchorage is pretty limited in a state this spread out. Pretty much leaves you Anchorage and the Mat-Su agencies as far as local stuff. So, APD, Wasilla Pd, Palmer PD. There is also a tiny Houston PD. Also a small PD in Whittier the other direction. I think that's it.

There are State agencies within that area, the most obvious being the State Troopers, but there are a few State Park Rangers, too.

And Anchorage has offices for several federal agencies, but not sure if you want that. FBI, DEA, Federal Marshals, NOAA, ICE...those just come to mind off the top of my head.

That link above isn't very good...of the ones I mentioned I think at least two of the local PD's weren't even listed.
    I was looking at Houston PD and it says they are not staffed. Does anybody know if they will be hiring at all?

Leave a comment:

• AK_Alex
    replied
    They (the Muni) also have the cost of gas at $2.39/gallon
    Wow, I don't remember the last time I saw a "2" preceed the gas price.

Leave a comment:

• fishAK
    replied
    Yeah...and it's really annoying when I'm just wrong to begin with....lol.

Leave a comment:

• jakflak
    replied
    I get the feeling fish that neither of us likes losing much.

Leave a comment:

• fishAK
    replied
    Originally posted by jakflak View Post
    The populated area is actually 1961.1 square miles, but after adding in the glacier field it brings it to about 2400.

Not to split hairs
    I actually linked to another site, not the muni, which is where I thought I was (it was basic demographic info, etc, so it looked official). Not sure where they got their numbers, but yeah, the muni has it listed as 1955 square miles.

They (the Muni) also have the cost of gas at $2.39/gallon (still using 2009 numbers). That'd be nice!!

I need to filter my searches better.

Leave a comment:

• jakflak
    replied
    yeah 70 road miles. Thanks for the help
    You can actually drive 70 road miles within Anchorage without getting to your office.

Leave a comment:

• ACO88
    replied
    yeah 70 road miles. Thanks for the help

Leave a comment:

• fishAK
    replied
    Ok, so it IS 70 road miles....

Either way, you got the answers.

Leave a comment:

• ACO88
    replied
    I don't want to live too far from the city, that is why I said 70 miles.

Leave a comment:

• fishAK
    replied
    Lol

I was just parroting the info on the other site.

Leave a comment:

• jakflak
    replied
    True...I was thinking inside the box and assuming Anchorage (the city) and surrounding communities. Still, looking at the boundaries of the muni doesn't change much in terms of agencies within 70 miles. It might open a couple of more...Seward (not sure how far it is from the southern boundary), and maybe Cordova and Valdez on the East side of things.

(it's actually 1700 square miles according to the muni web site....not being snotty about knowing because I just found that out, just letting you know....)
    The populated area is actually 1961.1 square miles, but after adding in the glacier field it brings it to about 2400.

Not to split hairs

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6427 users online. 389 members and 6038 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X