Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please list all Law Enforcement Agenices within 70 miles of Anchorage.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ACO88 View Post
    yeah 70 road miles. Thanks for the help
    You can actually drive 70 road miles within Anchorage without getting to your office.

Comment

Originally posted by jakflak View Post
      The populated area is actually 1961.1 square miles, but after adding in the glacier field it brings it to about 2400.

Not to split hairs
      I actually linked to another site, not the muni, which is where I thought I was (it was basic demographic info, etc, so it looked official). Not sure where they got their numbers, but yeah, the muni has it listed as 1955 square miles.

They (the Muni) also have the cost of gas at $2.39/gallon (still using 2009 numbers). That'd be nice!!

I need to filter my searches better.
      "All that is, ever
      Ever was, will be, ever
      Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

I get the feeling fish that neither of us likes losing much.

Comment

Yeah...and it's really annoying when I'm just wrong to begin with....lol.
          "All that is, ever
          Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Originally posted by fishAK View Post
            They (the Muni) also have the cost of gas at $2.39/gallon
            Wow, I don't remember the last time I saw a "2" preceed the gas price.

Comment

Originally posted by fishAK View Post
              Within 70 miles of Anchorage is pretty limited in a state this spread out. Pretty much leaves you Anchorage and the Mat-Su agencies as far as local stuff. So, APD, Wasilla Pd, Palmer PD. There is also a tiny Houston PD. Also a small PD in Whittier the other direction. I think that's it.

There are State agencies within that area, the most obvious being the State Troopers, but there are a few State Park Rangers, too.

And Anchorage has offices for several federal agencies, but not sure if you want that. FBI, DEA, Federal Marshals, NOAA, ICE...those just come to mind off the top of my head.

That link above isn't very good...of the ones I mentioned I think at least two of the local PD's weren't even listed.
              I was looking at Houston PD and it says they are not staffed. Does anybody know if they will be hiring at all?

Comment

I was looking at Houston PD and it says they are not staffed. Does anybody know if they will be hiring at all?
                You might want to do some research on the circus that department has been in the recent past. A lot of officers won't touch it due to some of the Houston politics and a history of screwing over officers.

Comment

What he said. Bad PR from a variety of angles lately.
                  "All that is, ever
                  Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Originally posted by jakflak View Post
                    You might want to do some research on the circus that department has been in the recent past. A lot of officers won't touch it due to some of the Houston politics and a history of screwing over officers.
                    I now see what you are talking about. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I now see what you are talking about. Thanks for the info.
                      AST is currently servicing the previous HPD area. At the current time, I have not heard of any plans by the Houston City Council to start the police department over again.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5146 users online. 311 members and 4835 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X