Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bethel PD

Any one know anything about bethel PD?

I know to look at the website and research it. If you have specific questions, ask them? Recruiters look at these websites. Put yourself in the admin's position. If a candiate can't come up with something better than "does anyone know anything"... I personally wouldn't want you on my team.
    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Originally posted by dannmann1050 View Post
      I know to look at the website and research it. If you have specific questions, ask them? Recruiters look at these websites. Put yourself in the admin's position. If a candiate can't come up with something better than "does anyone know anything"... I personally wouldn't want you on my team.
      Well thats a great idea! Duh thats the first thing I did! Im looking for someone who has worked there or who knows someone who has worked there! Im already a police officer and Im not looking for a recruiters verison! I know what theyll tell you exactly what you want to here! Im looking for the honest blunt truth about the department with how it functions, runs, ect

Comment

So FLA.. you are correct.. BUT.. you prove my point and stated some specific. "inside intel"... something specific that someone can answer aside from "anyone know anything"... CHS.. Now that you stated what you are actually looking for it makes sense. The other way looks like some idiot wanna-be cop "looking for information".. Being in LE, you should know that.
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Originally posted by So Fla Cop
          and what is wrong with a little inside intel? Where is Bethel?
          Dan, I agree with the above. There's nothing wrong with research, and even if there is a little courtesy goes a long way. His question is valid.

I haven't been to Bethel myself but I know it's a pretty rough place. There is a large trooper post there so that helps.

Comment

You will work a lot of horrific domestic abuse and sexual assault/sexual assault of minor there.
            I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Comment

I'll be more specific for you! I was trying to keep it vague, to see what information people had. But point well taken

Comment

I stand corrected then. I apologize if I upset anyone.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

I haven't been a police officer in Bethel, but I worked in the Native health system for 5 years. Alcoholism is almost universal in Bethel and fights, domestic violence, and child molestation are the order of the day. They have trouble keeping medical personnel due to burnout and the medical personnel tell me the same is true for LEOs; however, that is second-hand information, so take it how you will.
                  "Son, you are a walkin' violation of the laws of nature...But we don't enforce them laws."

I am just a country boy tryin' to make some sense
                  But I'd like to ask the Congress, I'd like to ask the President
                  "Can ya tell me where all the money went?"
                  We might not be broke but we're badly bent!

The Tractors -- "Badly Bent" from the album Owner's Manual

"Common sense. So rare, it should be a super power." Exodus 259

Comment

Thats the same information Ive heard to ! Thanks

Comment

Bethel is the Paris of Western Alaska! The shining gem of the Kuskokwim River! Kinda...
                      Any place in AK is what you make it. Bethel is rough. The crimes there can be horrifying. However... some of the people in Bethel have got to be the best folks on earth. I've lived in Bethel and I loved it. It is a great place with a great community. Talk about beautiful sunrises and sunsets! Take your snogo out over the tundra and drink it all in.
                      As for law enforcement... Bethel can be a handful. Working as a cop there can get you some kick-butt experience that would shock and awe most other departments. A regular patrol officer could easily be the primary case officer on sexual assaults, sexual abuse of minors, and murders. Sometimes multiple incidents of them in the same day! Hooray! If that isn't for you, then it isn't for you. Bethel can be a wild ride though, and I liked it.
                      The people who bash Bethel the most have probably never been there or just passed through.

Comment

Let me just add to my statement.
                        Bethel is not like the lower 48. Bethel is not like Railbelt Alaska. If you can't get over that, the place will chew you up.
                        Also, Bethel PD is a great group of men and women.

Comment

Thanks for your two cents.
                          Last edited by chs1993; 12-15-2010, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Bethel PD

I live in Bethel and have herd nothing but good about them.

Comment

Originally posted by SnogoBandito View Post
                              Bethel is the Paris of Western Alaska! The shining gem of the Kuskokwim River! Kinda...
                              Any place in AK is what you make it. Bethel is rough. The crimes there can be horrifying. However... some of the people in Bethel have got to be the best folks on earth. I've lived in Bethel and I loved it. It is a great place with a great community. Talk about beautiful sunrises and sunsets! Take your snogo out over the tundra and drink it all in.
                              As for law enforcement... Bethel can be a handful. Working as a cop there can get you some kick-butt experience that would shock and awe most other departments. A regular patrol officer could easily be the primary case officer on sexual assaults, sexual abuse of minors, and murders. Sometimes multiple incidents of them in the same day! Hooray! If that isn't for you, then it isn't for you. Bethel can be a wild ride though, and I liked it.
                              The people who bash Bethel the most have probably never been there or just passed through.
                              That's a pretty good summary of Bethel in my opinion. Every town in Alaska is what you make of it. Personally, Bethel isn't for me: I would rather do another tour in the sandbox than go back to Bethel but that has more to do with family reasons than personal ones.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9314 users online. 524 members and 8790 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X