X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valdez PD is hiring

Valdez is hiring again.

I saw that. They're hiring 1.
    Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

Originally posted by leesrt View Post
      I saw that. They're hiring 1.
      Yeah, same as when I went through their testing process in January.

Comment

I'll probably try again. I was pretty impressed with their department.
        "All that is, ever
        Ever was, will be, ever
        Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by fishAK View Post
          I'll probably try again. I was pretty impressed with their department.
          I'll probably apply again too. Testing is Dec 5th and 6th.

Comment

How many people do you think will apply for this spot?

Comment

Last time there were only what, 10 people maybe? I'm sure laterals have a high preference, as this is a pretty high-expectation department. I'm trying again.

AKbound: Call them and tell them you applied last time. They told me my paperwork was still good, so they just pulled my file. Shouldn't have to fill anything out or re-test, they just throw you back into the mix. Then we sit and wait some more....lol.
              Last edited by fishAK; 11-05-2009, 04:39 PM.
              "All that is, ever
              Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Last time there were only what, 10 people maybe? I'm sure laterals have a high preference, as this is a pretty high-expectation department. I'm trying again.

AKbound: Call them and tell them you applied last time. They told me my paperwork was still good, so they just pulled my file. Shouldn't have to fill anything out or re-test, they just throw you back into the mix. Then we sit and wait some more....lol.
                No way. I e-mailed the guy listed on the website as the contact. He told me I could reapply, but I'd have to fill out all the paperwork again since they don't keep any of the files!!! Who did you talk to?

Also, I was told they had 200 applicants last time....

Comment

wow, 10, i was expecting like 100. Do either of you 2 have any experience in this field or applied anywhere else before?

I applied for APD but as you know the academy got cancelled

Comment

Originally posted by 700dragon View Post
                    wow, 10, i was expecting like 100. Do either of you 2 have any experience in this field or applied anywhere else before?

I don't have any eperience. I've applied for a few different departments, most recently with the Troopers.

Comment

Originally posted by AKbound View Post
                      I don't have any eperience. I've applied for a few different departments, most recently with the Troopers.
                      Is it pretty common for someone to apply a bunch of times before they get hired in?

Comment

Is it pretty common for someone to apply a bunch of times before they get hired in?
                        From what I've read, the average is 8 times. That's just LE in general, not Alaska specific.

I applied in Valdez back in January. It was my first time applying for an LEO job. Made it down to the final 2-3 guys. I was told they passed my by for a guy who had a degree. Came home, signed up to start getting my degree! I'm applying again because, well, I figure it can't hurt to try again.

Comment

Originally posted by AKbound View Post
                          No way. I e-mailed the guy listed on the website as the contact. He told me I could reapply, but I'd have to fill out all the paperwork again since they don't keep any of the files!!! Who did you talk to?

Also, I was told they had 200 applicants last time....
                          I talked the Seargant today. He told me the dispatcher had pulled my paperwork and given it to him and that I didn't have to come test again. They'd test the new people, then decide who to call for the next round from there.
                          "All that is, ever
                          Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

I don't have any experience, either. Although I am getting quite good at applying....lol.

I've made most of the way through (to conditional offers) several times, and applied to roughly ten departments. I have had some difficulties on the running portions of PT's for a variety of reasons, which hasn't helped. But, I'm not going to give up.
                            "All that is, ever
                            Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

I talked the Seargant today. He told me the dispatcher had pulled my paperwork and given it to him and that I didn't have to come test again. They'd test the new people, then decide who to call for the next round from there.
                              I guess not testing could be a good thing, or a bad thing. If you(generally speaking) bombed the Oral Board, you might want to do it again. Or if you only passed the written by a few points or just barely passed the PT retesting might be a blessing in disguise.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4020 users online. 203 members and 3817 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X