Ad JS

Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lateral AST

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Negative on AST. Staying here. oh well.
    Last edited by In It To Win It; 12-11-2009, 10:18 AM.
    Most people fail because they trade what they want MOST, for what they want at the MOMENT.

    The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked, WHO can know it?
    -Jeremiah 17:9

    Is it any surprise that cops don't trust anyone?

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by In It To Win It View Post
      Negative on AST. Staying here. oh well.
      Sorry to hear that. Sounds like the competition for the Lateral position was pretty stiff this time around. What about applying for the regular Trooper Recruit position???

      Comment


      • #78
        Also a negative. It appears it is just not supposed to be. And in about 3 or 4 days it'll be okay.
        Most people fail because they trade what they want MOST, for what they want at the MOMENT.

        The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked, WHO can know it?
        -Jeremiah 17:9

        Is it any surprise that cops don't trust anyone?

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by In It To Win It View Post
          Also a negative. It appears it is just not supposed to be. And in about 3 or 4 days it'll be okay.
          Sorry to hear that. Best of luck on the next 3-4 days.

          Comment


          • #80
            I am still patiently waiting to hear anything from the Troopers. On a side note, I sent the Anchorage Police Department an email asking how long their hiring freeze was going to be and they responded with 12-18 months. That's Okay though because I really would rather have the opportunity to explore the State versus the City and really live and work in the small cities where the police can really help good people with real problems. Everyone stay safe and have a Merry Christmas, and Ill let you know when or if I hear anything from the Troopers. Also, thanks for all the updates you guys have been posting and I hope it works out for all of you!

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by jimlv View Post
              I am still patiently waiting to hear anything from the Troopers. On a side note, I sent the Anchorage Police Department an email asking how long their hiring freeze was going to be and they responded with 12-18 months. That's Okay though because I really would rather have the opportunity to explore the State versus the City and really live and work in the small cities where the police can really help good people with real problems. Everyone stay safe and have a Merry Christmas, and Ill let you know when or if I hear anything from the Troopers. Also, thanks for all the updates you guys have been posting and I hope it works out for all of you!
              My sources are saying more like 24 months and onwards...
              I have a million hats.

              Comment


              • #82
                Has anyone heard anything from the background unit regarding the lateral applications since they submitted the packet to them?

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Talon Razor View Post
                  My sources are saying more like 24 months and onwards...
                  I think right now nobody really knows. Can't do much without the budget for it.
                  "All that is, ever
                  Ever was, will be, ever
                  Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Well I finally got my call to only get some bad news. There was one small little glitch that I ran into and can apply again in six months where I should be good to go according to the investigator. In my opinion the reason is so insignificant and actually really dumb but there are the protocols that must be followed. He stated that everything else was good and encouraged me to reapply after July. He also stated that there are usually about 3 lateral postings a year and to look out for them in the near future.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by jimlv View Post
                      Well I finally got my call to only get some bad news. There was one small little glitch that I ran into and can apply again in six months where I should be good to go according to the investigator. In my opinion the reason is so insignificant and actually really dumb but there are the protocols that must be followed. He stated that everything else was good and encouraged me to reapply after July. He also stated that there are usually about 3 lateral postings a year and to look out for them in the near future.
                      What was the glitch?
                      I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        It was reference medication when I was a junior in High School. I had a surgury and had some medicine that I was done with. I then gave the medicine to a friend after he saw it in the medicine cabinet. I allowed him to take the pills for his own use. This was considered the "disbursement, given, or selling" of illegal narcotics under the requirements which you are not aloud to have commited in the last ten years. He knew this was B.S. but it is what it is and there is no deviating from the standards that have to be accepted for the position. I have six months left before 10 years have passed. He again encouraged me to apply next time the position opens as long as it is after July 1 which makes 10 years. It really is upsetting, but I know it will be for the best because I still need to finish this semester for my masters degree since I already started the semester.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by jimlv View Post
                          It was reference medication when I was a junior in High School. I had a surgury and had some medicine that I was done with. I then gave the medicine to a friend after he saw it in the medicine cabinet. I allowed him to take the pills for his own use. This was considered the "disbursement, given, or selling" of illegal narcotics under the requirements which you are not aloud to have commited in the last ten years. He knew this was B.S. but it is what it is and there is no deviating from the standards that have to be accepted for the position. I have six months left before 10 years have passed. He again encouraged me to apply next time the position opens as long as it is after July 1 which makes 10 years. It really is upsetting, but I know it will be for the best because I still need to finish this semester for my masters degree since I already started the semester.
                          Good luck on the degree and the next application!
                          I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Lateral process is open again, I'm working on my app.
                            I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              I heard today from recruitment that they are expecting a possible May opening for out of state laterals with a hiring sometime in the fall.
                              I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

                              Comment

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 6365 users online. 262 members and 6103 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X