Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska State Troopers, the TV show (really)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska State Troopers, the TV show (really)

Just saw an ad for this on the National Geographic Channel. They did a good job of keeping the filming of this quiet. It's a series that follows Troopers around the state as well as cadets at the academy. Starts in October.

http://www.channelguidemag.com/fallt...tate-troopers/

Video teaser:

http://www.tv.com/video/26766/Season...skin;container
    Last edited by fishAK; 09-15-2009, 10:24 PM.
    "All that is, ever
    Ever was, will be, ever
    Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Originally posted by fishAK View Post
    Just saw an ad for this on the National Geographic Channel. They did a good job of keeping the filming of this quiet. It's a series that follows Troopers around the state as well as cadets at the academy. Starts in October.

I came across that online a few weeks ago. Can't wait to see it.

Comment

Everybody get your apps in....as soon as this hits the air, I bet there's going to be a huge influx of interest in the Troopers.
      "All that is, ever
      Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Everybody get your apps in....as soon as this hits the air, I bet there's going to be a huge influx of interest in the Troopers.
        No doubt!!! It'll be a nightmare!

Comment

No doubt!!! It'll be a nightmare!

Comment

A buddy on mine is on the show actually up in Fairbanks and our newest officer was also filmed in the previous academy by them.
            Pat
            Firearms Instructor.
            Urban Rifle Instructor.
            Colt M16/AR15 Armorer.
            Glock Armorer.

Comment

So, for those of us who might be in the up-coming academy, we should get used to the idea of a camera crew, I suppose.

lol

Awesome. More pressure.
              "All that is, ever
              Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

October 7th on NatGeo for those who want to see the premier.
                "All that is, ever
                Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

i just watched a couple episodes on cox on demand and i thought it looked pretty cool. They make it look like a pretty awesome job but we have remote duty posts in arizona and it makes them look like metropolitan areas.

Comment

I checked our On-Demand menu, and sure enough, there it was. There was one full episode, probably the first one. Pretty good. Academy looks brutal, so I'm sure that'll be fun. Made me nervous just watching it.

So, for any local folks, GCI does have this in the on-demand menu. It is free, BTW.
                    "All that is, ever
                    Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

I checked our On-Demand menu, and sure enough, there it was. There was one full episode, probably the first one. Pretty good. Academy looks brutal, so I'm sure that'll be fun. Made me nervous just watching it.

So, for any local folks, GCI does have this in the on-demand menu. It is free, BTW.
                      I've been waiting for this to come on. We don't have GCI, we have DirecTv. I'll have to check if we have anything like "On-Demand".

Comment

If you're talking about the Alaskan Justice which is a trooper show under Nat Geo for On Demand, that's different. I watched that months ago. I can't find anything on the new show, but I do have it set to record.

They were riding around with a valley trooper in Wasilla when I was on FTO. I don't think there was anything that exciting going on, but still hoping they have some of it on there. I'm sure most will be bush stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Brader View Post
                          If you're talking about the Alaskan Justice which is a trooper show under Nat Geo for On Demand, that's different. I watched that months ago. I can't find anything on the new show, but I do have it set to record.

They were riding around with a valley trooper in Wasilla when I was on FTO. I don't think there was anything that exciting going on, but still hoping they have some of it on there. I'm sure most will be bush stuff.
                          Nope, not talking about that, although that was under the same on demand little menu under Nat Geo. There are four things to choose from. Alaskan Justice is one, but the 3rd one down is called Frontier Force. That's the one that looks like a full episode minus commercials.
                          "All that is, ever
                          Ever was, will be, ever

Comment

Nope, not talking about that, although that was under the same on demand little menu under Nat Geo. There are four things to choose from. Alaskan Justice is one, but the 3rd one down is called Frontier Force. That's the one that looks like a full episode minus commercials.
                            Sure enough found it, thanks

Comment

Good show.

I just wonder why they shot that moose with a pistol when there is a shottie and a rifle in the car.

Save more meat maybe?

M-11
                              “All men dream...... But not equally..
                              Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                              but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                              for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5689 users online. 294 members and 5395 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X