300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Palin pro cop?

With all of the hype surrounding Palin, I thought I'd ask those in the know.....is Palin pro cop? I ask this because she fired the police chief in her hometown and trooper-gate both of which make me wonder.

Makes you wonder- for big city cops, many of whom are PRO republican, often shoot themselves in the foot when they find out that majority of republican see unions ( INCLUDING Police unions) as an "impediment" to having their "Way",and civil service protection as little more than an "excuse" to protect people who aren't "capable" ( both of these opinions rhetoric more than substance). But this is often seen in many small town mentality places,regardless of lib or conservative - people in power FEEL they can do whatever they want and don't want to be challenged. the self styled "pitbull /hockey mom" did what she felt she could do( or get away with )- fine if she actually solved a problem with the COP and the director of public safety , but a SERIOUS abuse of power IF she sought to punish these officials because they simply refused to go along with her misguided or wrongful actions.If this is a recurrent theme on how Palin deals with people who disagree with her- she is WRONG and not worthy to be a VP candidate.

IF Palin truly claims to be a "reformer", i wonder IF she will be a proponent of the return of financing of local and state police agencies under the "violent crime control act"( that bush Jr CUT the funding to)
    "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

All I know is what was on TV. However, if the guy was drunk and tazed his 10 year old kid, he should be unemployed.

Comment

I hope one thing is clear, the 10 year old asked to be tased. And the trooper was foolish enough to do it. I feel the trooper holds all the blame; it was an idiotic thing to do. But when its understood that the child was begging to experience the taser...dad's new toy...it seems a much less sinister scenario.

I think Palin is suffering from that natural reaction we all have to some degree. We experience one bad apple, and decide that the whole bunch is rotten. And I think for Palin and the Alaska State Troopers it takes on a new level of intensity...because it involved family...it's personal...and demands payback. And as the governor she is going to get that payback. Apparently she's know for that, known for getting revenge on her adversaries. But, only she knows whats in her heart...and in her emails.
        ...hunter of the shadows is rising...

Comment

It sounds to me like she's anti-brother in law, not anti-cop in general.

Comment

Wow! I guess I didn't know the trooper used a taser on his kid. Do you have any links to this story so I can read it?

Comment

Originally posted by madchiken View Post
              All I know is what was on TV. However, if the guy was drunk and tazed his 10 year old kid, he should be unemployed.
              Inform yourself by reading what really happened before making comments like this.
              Pat
              Firearms Instructor.
              Urban Rifle Instructor.
              Colt M16/AR15 Armorer.
              Glock Armorer.

Comment

Originally posted by jakflak View Post
                It sounds to me like she's anti-brother in law, not anti-cop in general.
                No she is anti cop she has cut DPS' budget to unsafe levels. She has done nothing to help fix PERs. I am one republican who is not voting for her.
                Pat
                Firearms Instructor.
                Urban Rifle Instructor.
                Colt M16/AR15 Armorer.
                Glock Armorer.

Comment

I am one republican who is not voting for her.
                  I'm sure it dosnt matter, McCain/Palin will carry Alaska anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by 355sigfan View Post
                    Inform yourself by reading what really happened before making comments like this.
                    Pat
                    You don't tase a kid, let alone your kid because he asked you to! That's pathetically stupid and ANYONE who would do this should be looking for a new source of income.

But by all means, tell me where to find this information to inform myself better. I haven't found anything that says it didn't happen.
                    Last edited by madchiken; 09-15-2008, 11:24 PM.

Comment

I haven't found anything that says it didn't happen.
                      That's because it did happen; he admitted to it and was disciplined for it.

The reason there's not more documentation is they handled it internally within the troopers. The 'scandals' are based on speculation by a guy named Halcro whom Palin beat in the last election.

Comment

Wooten. Why can't people do their own research instead of relying on what the liberal media has to says. These links contain everything you want to know about Troopergate and then some.

http://media.adn.com/smedia/2008/07/...ffiliate.7.pdf

http://www.adn.com/monegan/

Comment

You don't tase a kid, let alone your kid because he asked you to! That's pathetically stupid and ANYONE who would do this should be looking for a new source of income.

But by all means, tell me where to find this information to inform myself better. I haven't found anything that says it didn't happen.
                          I have two friends who are taser instructors and it just so happens both have kids and their kids have asked to be tazed and they have let them experience it. Its not a big deal. Your obviously have no experience with the taser. Its not going to kill them or maim them. If I had a kid who wanted to be hooked up on the taser to see what it was like I would let him. What is pathetically stupid is to talk about a subject you obviously know very little to nothing about and then make absolute statements like he should be out of a job.

Besides what Wooten did or did not do is totally immaterial. He was investigated a punishment was settled upon between the State and the Union. He took his licks. Palin tried to use her power to get him fired years after the fact. Then she lied about it. She is an total embarrassment to the people of Alaska. Did you see her interview with Katie Curick. What a joke. I will not vote for someone as unethical as her.
                          pat
                          Last edited by 355sigfan; 09-27-2008, 06:48 AM.
                          Firearms Instructor.
                          Urban Rifle Instructor.
                          Colt M16/AR15 Armorer.
                          Glock Armorer.

Comment

Since coke snorting Obama has no ethics either I guess you'll just not vote??

Comment

Originally posted by 355sigfan View Post
                              I have two friends who are taser instructors and it just so happens both have kids and their kids have asked to be tazed and they have let them experience it. Its not a big deal. Your obviously have no experience with the taser. Its not going to kill them or maim them. If I had a kid who wanted to be hooked up on the taser to see what it was like I would let him. What is pathetically stupid is to talk about a subject you obviously know very little to nothing about and then make absolute statements like he should be out of a job.

Besides what Wooten did or did not do is totally immaterial. He was investigated a punishment was settled upon between the State and the Union. He took his licks. Palin tried to use her power to get him fired years after the fact. Then she lied about it. She is an total embarrassment to the people of Alaska. Did you see her interview with Katie Curick. What a joke. I will not vote for someone as unethical as her.
                              pat

I guess AK has different policies. The only time we are allowed to deploy a taser is 1) training 2) on a suspect. Which one of the two do the kids fall under?
                              A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6416 users online. 347 members and 6069 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X