X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like you guys lost your govenor

Palin got picked as McCain's VP

At least she is pro-life, pro -gun

As an Alaskan I can say he could certainly have chosen worse. She's done a great job.
    Last edited by jakflak; 09-03-2008, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jakflak View Post

And she's hot.
      This TBH.

Comment

We'll see how the whole Monegan/Wooten thing works out for her. I said I'd never vote for her again. I think I'm going to make a liar out of myself b/c there is no way I'll vote for 'Bama & Biden!
        The DA/SA handgun: A NAZI solution to a problem that didn't exist!

Comment

Originally posted by akflyer View Post
          We'll see how the whole Monegan/Wooten thing works out for her.
          Enlighten someone from the lower 48.
          A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

Originally posted by ray8285 View Post
            Enlighten someone from the lower 48.
            Cliff notes version:

Walt Monegan is the head of Department of Public Safety. Trooper Wooten works for same. Wooten marries Palin's sister which of course ends in nasty divorce (never marry a cop; we suck at marriage). Various members of Palin's family try to get Wooten fired during nasty divorce.

Palin makes governor then fires Monegan for not-terribly-clear reason. Sore loser from last election starts telling everyone that she fired Monegan because she wanted Wooten fired but he wouldn't do it. Palin says that's not true.

Jury of fact is still out. Jury of Palin-haters convicted her guilty.

Comment

Jury of Palin-haters convicted her guilty.
              Come on now. The legislature didn't authorize $100,000 to investigate this on a whim. You gotta admit at the very least there were some very questionable uses of her office regarding all this. I will never defend Wooten, but he's beside the point in my mind.
              The DA/SA handgun: A NAZI solution to a problem that didn't exist!

Comment

Come on now. The legislature didn't authorize $100,000 to investigate this on a whim. You gotta admit at the very least there were some very questionable uses of her office regarding all this. I will never defend Wooten, but he's beside the point in my mind.
                I'm still stuck on the fact that it doesn't matter why she decided to get rid of Monegan. It may not have been popular, and thanks to Halcrow a zillion questions have been raised regarding her reasons, but Monegan was appointed and served at the whim of the Governor. Any appointed official can lose their job any time, and they know that. No justification is even necessary.

I'm not saying I liked the decision, or that it was a good one, but it's not for me or anyone other then the governor to decide, either.
                "All that is, ever
                Ever was, will be, ever
                Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

The 'investigation' isn't into whether or not she did something illegal or even unethical, it's to decide the question: why did she fire him?

As mentioned above, it's an appointed position. An officer on the street should only be fired for cause, but when you're the #1 position in a government office you can be canned for no other reason than they found someone better.

And that job is cursed anyway. No way I'd take it.

Comment

One word-MILF
                    Only the dead have seen the end of the war.-Plato

God Bless America! • Remember all have given some, but some have given all.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLacrosse View Post
                      One word-MILF
                      Don't you mean GMILF

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLacrosse View Post
                        One word-MILF
                        Originally posted by woettinger View Post
                        Don't you mean GMILF
                        wow guys, have some respect.
                        Last edited by Driven; 09-02-2008, 11:55 PM.
                        "Rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior but for evil behavior. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same." ~~ God

Comment

She'll be back soon after November 4. Thanks for your concern though.

Comment

Originally posted by alaskaflyer331 View Post
                            She'll be back soon after November 4. Thanks for your concern though.
                            I wouldn't count on it. Obama has shown his campaign to be quite inept, I think McCain/Palin win with less than 5% margin.
                            A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

An officer on the street should only be fired for cause, but when you're the #1 position in a government office you can be canned for no other reason than they found someone better.
                              Except one would expect the "better" replacement to last longer than 2 weeks. It begs the question; if Chuck Kopp was better, why didn't the Gov appoint him in the first place?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6271 users online. 348 members and 5923 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X