300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Interviewing on Mon for NSBPD?

Anyone going to the intreview on Monday/Tuesday in Anchorage for North Slope PD?
    Justin Stuart

I thought about it. I spoke with one of their recruiters and if I remember correctly, their salaries are through the ROOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant remember exactly what it was but man it was alot. But I believe he said that they could not guarantee housing (that weirded me out a bit. LOL) and that if I could find housing, it would be quite expensive.

Thats all I know

Comment

it is good pay, 32-38 an hour depending on where you at I believe or experience. It can also be expensive, I have the interview tomorrow so we will see how things go and hope for the best lol
      Justin Stuart

Comment

Good luck, jstuart.

I already interviewed and did the poly/voice stress analysis. Still awaiting word back. They're probably waiting until the Anchorage folks get done, but I went up there almost two months ago now. There isn't much housing available, and what houses there are are all really small. I only got a quick tour/ride-along while I was there. They are good people...I was pretty impressed with how close-knit the department is.

And yes, pay is good. I think it's the highest paying department in the state. Starting salary is 62k minimum...
        "All that is, ever
        Ever was, will be, ever
        Twisting, turning, through the never."--Metallica

Comment

Fish,

Call me Justin,

Thanks for the information. I did good (at least I think so) on the interview and I have the CVSA later this afternoon. I think you are correct, the Chief was saying it is an ongoing process and that any applicants would attend the Sitka academy in February so she may be getting the list of applicants together. Good luck to you as well.
          Justin Stuart

Comment

They used to have housing reserved in the borough owned apartments over in Browerville. We had to pay but it was only $650 a month for a one bedroom. That was 24 years ago though. I guess things have changed a bit.
            It was a good department to work for back them. Maybe JakFlak will chime in and let us know what the housing deal is in Barrow now...

Comment

Talking to the Chief today, it isn't to expensive. Food and what not is expensive, a thing of tide is 50$, a gallon of milk is 11$ etc etc. That is the only down fall.
              Justin Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by jstuart99705 View Post
                Talking to the Chief today, it isn't to expensive. Food and what not is expensive, a thing of tide is 50$, a gallon of milk is 11$ etc etc. That is the only down fall.
                LOL! Expense of food is the ONLY downfall??? Have you been to the North Slope?
                The DA/SA handgun: A NAZI solution to a problem that didn't exist!

Comment

It's all a matter of prespective as to how expensive it is. Milk. Do you really need more than a gallon a month? Not really unless you've got suckling kids or something. Powdered milk worked just fine. Groceries don't have to be purchased in Barrow or any other North Slope village. They can be ordered from stores in Anchorage or Fairbanks and shipped parcel post.

There are ways around all of these obstacles..

Comment

When I last lived in Barrow (4 years ago) milk was $7 a gallon. We just conditioned the kids to like powdered.

Things are expensive up here but there are ways around it (Costco Bush ordering is your friend). I don't know about housing availability but it seemed there were a lot of apartments and houses for rent when I was there. Maybe things have changed?

Comment

Ak Flyer,

In my eye that is the only "downfall" Cold doesn't really bother me, I had to be out in -90 with windchill at Fort Greeley when I was in the Army. Nothing like waking up in a tent with no heat at -40+ and having to work for 12 hours. I don't mind small towns anyway, I live in North Pole (yes I know Fairbanks is only 12 miles away) but I don't go to town that often. Electricity can be cut down to save money, its all about doing stuff the smart way.

Stiffnecked,

Oh don't get me wrong, I know there are ways around it. I don't usually eat that much or drink that much milk anyway. I have no problem adapting/overcoming, afterall that happens a lot in the military.

Jak, what village are you working out of?
                      Justin Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by jstuart99705 View Post
                        Jak, what village are you working out of?
                        Kaktovik. About 60 miles east of Prudhoe Bay.

Comment

NSBPD what agency is that? I dont know much about agencys in alaska

Comment

NSBPD is the North Slope Borough Police department:

http://www.north-slope.org/

The Police site is:

http://www.north-slope.org/departments/police/

Hopefully I will be joining them soon but there is one NSB Police Officer who posts on here if you have any specific questions.
                            Justin Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by chs1993 View Post
                              NSBPD what agency is that? I dont know much about agencys in alaska
                              It's the North Slope Borough Police Dept. It's basically an area about the size of Oregon that covers the entire north end of Alaska.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5949 users online. 352 members and 5597 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X