300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to wear to poly?

I have my poly coming up. Do I need to wear a suit like I did to the interview or is causal dress ok?
    Roach

I would go with a business casual look. Probably khaki's and a polo type shirt. You need to maintain a polished, well kept, and squared away look. You need to make a good impression on everyone that you meet during the process. You would be surprised at how much input a receptionist has a some agencies. Good Luck!
    ROLL TIDE!!!

Comment

Thanks thats what I figured. I'm stressing enough about the poly, Lord knows I'd be so miserable in a suit that I'd spike on everything. Actually its a voice stress test. Anything on these? Aren't you just speaking into a microphone hooked up to a computer?
      Last edited by parjr; 08-06-2008, 10:51 PM.
      Roach

Comment

I would wear a blue or black suit! Always a white shirt to a first interview, first poly, first oral, or whatever it may be. Usually the examiner will allow you to loosen your tie or take it off. Remember first appearances are a huge factor. I would keep the tie simple, maybe some diagonal stripes, that match the same color as the suit. That is just my opinion...oh and shine those shoes, even if you decide to go casual!

Comment

Thanks guys, guess the suit out weights the slacks and tie.
          Roach

Comment

I've never worn a suit or a tie to a police interview. I have always applied for, interviewed for and worked for smaller agencies. I've found that small town agencies don't expect anyone showing up for an interview wearing a suit and tie. I've been on 3 interview boards so far at Columbiana and none of the three interviewees showed up wearing a suit or tie. I was wearing a uniform when I took my last polygraph and wearing khaki pants and a golf shirt to my first. I had to take off my vest and gun belt for the polygraph. I imagine that you'd have to hang up your suit coat as well if you wore one.

Comment

my agency actually recommends you wear casual (polo and khakis) to the poly...and we're way bigger than Tuscaloosa. if you're in doubt you can't go wrong with the suit though.
              Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5315 users online. 341 members and 4974 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X