300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• state trooper academy updates

thought i would start a new forum on just academy updates since that other forum was getting alittle long. I hope the guys are going to have the strenght to type tonight.

guys, it is HELL...my advice is to do what your told to do, when your told to do it...you better be physically and mentally prepared!

Comment

first of all congrats on making it through the 10 days. now you no i have all kids of questions so inform me on everything. how many are left?, any news about the october class? just what do i have to look forward to?

Comment

did any from the apost quit??? how are they on you guys after that incident last week??

Comment

Congratulations on surviving the initial shock. Now the secondary shock will be realizing that you are in Selma.

Stay true to your comitment and the rewards will come.
          ROLL TIDE!!!

Comment

and that you have to go back

Comment

Hey guys!!!

Yes I made it through as well. I really don't want to comment any on the difficulty levels or demands, considering the tragedy that occured and ongoing investigation, as well as the fact that i'm still in subjection to the "powers" in Selma.

I'll simply say that the training is very challenging, and I am extremely impressed with the caliber of the department and academy instructors. It makes me want to be a trooper even more. I have absolutely NO intentions of quitting.

They were 110% supportive of us during last week's occurance. I can honestly say that DPS has gone above and beyond here in Selma to make sure EVERYONE is taken care of and is coping with the situation. As you can imagine, it was very upsetting to most of us, especially when you consider the fact that we were in day two.

Along with our fallen classmate, one member of 08-B dropped out either Monday or Tuesday, and another injured himself during the PT test 1.5 run and had to leave. Three new recruits were brought in Wednesday morning as replacements, and one of those individuals quit Saturday. Right now, we are at 39 folks. 21 in 08-B and 18 in 08-A lateral.

Please keep the Johnston family, the instructors in Selma, as well as the 08-A and B classes in your prayers. It has been a difficult two weeks for all of us.

As far as the October class, all i've heard is that it's "still up in the air."

If you have any specific questions Jason about the academy, it may be better for you to PM one of us. Again, considering what has happened and what the future may hold, we are having to be very careful about what we say in public concerning both the academy itself and what happened last week.

Graduation is November 21. I can't wait!!!
              Last edited by jdapplin; 06-25-2008, 11:28 PM. Reason: Add Info

Comment

they had people quit out of the lateral class???

Comment

No, everyone who quit was in the 08-B full length class. The original 18 are still in 08-A (lateral).

Comment

are they keeping the two classes seperate?? when you guys are in the class room are you in two seperate classes??? as far as rooms are you seperate?? they told us when we left that they were going to do a better job of keeping everybody seperate because some of the training for the APOST guys was well i don't want to say stupid but we have already have it.

Comment

Glad to hear that you all survived the first 10 days of your trooper academy!! I'm gearing up for the start of the GA STate Patrol academy on July 6! I know it'll be difficult but I'm ready for a challenge! My motivation continues to mount as I think about the possibility of having to come back to my current agency which is definitely not something I want to do! Congrats again on making it through the first 10 days!

Comment

Originally posted by coopesc2000 View Post
                        are they keeping the two classes seperate?? when you guys are in the class room are you in two seperate classes??? as far as rooms are you seperate?? they told us when we left that they were going to do a better job of keeping everybody seperate because some of the training for the APOST guys was well i don't want to say stupid but we have already have it.
                        For the most part we are separate in the classroom. It just depends on what we're studying at the time. We started out all together, but since Monday they have split us up for most of the classes.

Comment

did everybody get to go to there home town?

Comment

I was wondering is the feeling that they are trying to run you off or are that they just wanting to see if you can handle the pressure?

Comment

Originally posted by jason white View Post
                              did everybody get to go to there home town?
                              Home county you mean? Some did, some didn't.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2309 users online. 142 members and 2167 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X