Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone here taking the test for game warden?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone here taking the test for game warden?

what was the test like? I was told there were map question but nothing more than that. What kind of map question?

I took mine in April. The map questions are pretty easy. I was suspecting some kind of terrain reading but it was only N,S,E,W type questions and the map showed a city and you had to show how to get from point A to point B ETC. About 10 or so questions on the map area.
    You planning on taking it? As of right now I know 210 people have been placed on register. Thats since I took mine in April. Also was told they are 24 officers short but were only hiring 5 this yr? Going to be tough getting in that top 5. Good luck. Also what do you know about the hiring process? I have no idea what the steps are. Anyone know? I've been following the Trooper thread here and just wondering if Conservation works the same.

Roach
    Roach

Comment

I don't know about the steps for them. I would think it would be like the trooper steps. I don't know how many people they are hiring. I know they are short handed.

Comment

According to Rusty Morrows (president of the ACEOA ) they are only hiring 5 for this yr. They are 24 field officers short and are in dire need of higher ups (promotional only) So might be more than 24 if some of the current officers move up in rank. He also said that they have started doing back ground checks on some of the people in band 1. He didn't know how many are in the band. I am in band one. Hopefully I'll hear something soon. I did notice that there will be another test given June 7th. I have watched the website since I tested and 208 were added to the register when I was put on. Last test only 2 where added. That makes it 210 since first of April. Don't have a clue how many were already on the register?
        Roach

Comment

I have no clue par. Like I have said before soon or later the well will run dry. I know they have a lot of areas that are short handed. One county comes to mind is Sumter Co. I was told by that officer they really need two people to work that county. I would not think they would test if they were only going to hire 5. I could be wrong. I just not limiting myself to just one place or State. Because of what you just standed. Good luck to ya.

Comment

If I was you I'd still take the test. What Mr Morrows said was 5 this yr. Next yr more. Once on the register your there for 2 yrs. He said the state let them raise boating registration fees and all hunting and fishing licenses this yr to fund hiring new officers. Until the funding starts in their only hiring 5. When the funding starts coming in then they will be hiring more. He also said the state conservation is totaly funded by license/registration fees (I'm sure citation fines also). No other funds from the state. Kinda a bum rap for conservation. You'd think the state would help out, but thats why their currently 24 officers short for this season. Theres susposed to be 2 officers per county. Heck 24 officers short thats almost half the counties with only one officer.
            Also Florida conservation is also hiring. You have to pay for your on test. Around $45. Physical requirments are a little harder (little more push ups, situps and 2 mile run) and they require a 300 ft swim to pass. Good luck.
            Roach

Comment

Thank you for the info. Good luck to you to

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4060 users online. 278 members and 3782 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X