300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gulf Shores

Anyone know about this dept? I'm looking to leave Illinois as they passed HB 3653 and the governor intends to sign it. It's going to make our jobs quite a bit more difficult.

I can answer your questions about Alabama law enforcement in general. But not about this department specifically.
    1*

Comment

• Wheats13
      Wheats13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. How are your pension systems as far as funding goes? Mine is at 44%....I'm not very confident that we're going to get what we were promised given the financial problems and the quarter of a million people that have left in this last decade. It's not looking too good here.

• vdfnco
      vdfnco commented
      Editing a comment
      https://www.rsa-al.gov/about-rsa/cal...nt-calculator/, here is a calculator that can give you an estimate of pension. But that isn't all of an Alabama cop's retirement. https://apoabf.alabama.gov/ is another part. While it is small it is worth the 10-20 bucks a month you put into it. Also, there is the RSA-1, which is the 401k for the state retirement system. The RSA-1 account is optional. With the pension and the annuity fund an officer who retires making $42,000 should make about $30,000 from the two combined. Add this social security and RSA-1 that makes a good retirement check. And unless it has changed Alabama doesn't take state taxes from retired LEOs. And this is for other info https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retire...ems_of_Alabama.

• Wheats13
      Wheats13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks vdfnco.

Originally posted by Wheats13 View Post
    Anyone know about this dept? I'm looking to leave Illinois as they passed HB 3653 and the governor intends to sign it. It's going to make our jobs quite a bit more difficult.
    The governor hasn't signed it yet. Calm down buddy

Comment

• Wheats13
      Wheats13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not worried about it at all. Really. I can't wait for this state to become insolvent. But hey, we passed this awesome criminal justice reform bill! Also, you're not going to mind if we tweak your pension benefits a little now, do you? We're broke!

Governor JB Pritzker issued the following statement following the passage of HB3653

“I have long held that an essential mark of good governance is a willingness to change the laws that have failed the people of Illinois,” said Governor JB Pritzker. “This criminal justice package carries with it the opportunity to shape our state into a lesson in true justice for the nation by abolishing cash bail, modernizing sentencing laws, instituting a certification and decertification system for police officers statewide, requiring body cameras, reforming crowd control response, and amplifying law enforcement training standards. I was proud to make ending cash bail and modernizing sentencing laws a legislative priority of my administration, and I have long pledged my support to the Illinois Legislative Black Caucus in their efforts to pass not just criminal justice reform and police accountability measures, but also to truly root out the systemic racism that pulses through all our nation’s institutions by pursuing greater equity in healthcare, higher goals in education, and deeper investments in economic opportunity for communities that have for too long been left out and left behind.

In addition to recognizing the countless activists and advocates who have dedicated years – if not lifetimes – to pushing for change in a nation that locks people up at the highest rate in the world, I want to specifically offer my gratitude to Committee Chairs Representative Justin Slaughter and Senator Elgie Sims, Senator Robert Peters, Attorney General Kwame Raoul, the ACLU of Illinois, the Coalition to End Money Bond, the Illinois Justice Project, the People’s Lobby, and all who have committed themselves to building a fairer and more equitable Illinois.”

• scotty_appleton814
      scotty_appleton814 commented
      Editing a comment
      I know. I read all of his comments too

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4771 users online. 318 members and 4453 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X