300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabama Highway Patrol

Does anyone on here know about the AHP? I have been thinking of applying with them. I am from GA and really never thought about moving to Alabama but I am interested in flying for Law Enforcement and I saw ontheir website that they have a fixed wing aviation unit. I know I have to be a raod Trooper first. Thats everywhere.

Whats it like working for the AHP? DO they work 8 hour shifts? How are they benefits, retirement? WHat are the good pointa AND BAD POINTS TO BEING A Trooper? Thanks

The only thing I know about them is they usually have a pretty good Southern accent.
    FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

As a current Alabama Trooper assigned to the Highway Patrol Division, I can tell you that it IS a good place to work. As with any department, you can always point out the faults. We just received a 15% pay raise and our retirement is about as good as you can get. We work 10 hour shifts. Our equipment could always be better, but I don't know of anyone driving a car with more than 90,000 miles on it. As mentioned before, you can always complain and gripe and point out all the bad, but there is a lot of good also.

Comment

Originally posted by hwypatrolman
        As a current Alabama Trooper assigned to the Highway Patrol Division, I can tell you that it IS a good place to work. As with any department, you can always point out the faults. We just received a 15% pay raise and our retirement is about as good as you can get. We work 10 hour shifts. Our equipment could always be better, but I don't know of anyone driving a car with more than 90,000 miles on it. As mentioned before, you can always complain and gripe and point out all the bad, but there is a lot of good also.

But do you have a Southern Accent???
        FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

Do Alabama Troopers work traffic only or do they work general LE also?

Comment

My best friend was flying for AHP and he loved it. I almost applied there myself but didn't want to make the move alone. I hear AHP is a great agency to work for! And yeah, he had a big time southern accent (LOL)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4803 users online. 256 members and 4547 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X