Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best AL Depts. For out of Staters

Hey all,

I recently decided to pursue a career in law enforcement. I am nearly complete my associates in Criminal Justice, completely clean background, driving, and credit. I am a current Pennsylvania resident who is eager to relocate down south to either Georgia or Alabama. I am now in background phase for Savannah Metro Police and was wondering if there were any Police/Sheriffs in Alabama that had an "out of state friendly" time frame?

For example Savannah gives you the Physical, civil service test, oral board and polygraph over a 2-3 day window even if you're local. Are there any depts that process like this or similar to this in Alabama? Thanks in advance.

Why the desire to move down South?

Comment

My pops retired down to AL. Decatur actually.

Comment

Law enforcement in AL is very underpaid and have no union support/backing. Just keep those things in mind. Shelby County agencies are on the higher pay spectrum. I spent 5 years at the City of Enterprise in southeast Alabama just outside of Fort Rucker. Good agency to get your feet wet and learn the job.

Comment

Originally posted by diezl View Post
          My pops retired down to AL. Decatur actually.
          That's the area I am originally from. The county is Morgan county - and the sheriff (Sheriff Ana Franklin) is awesome. Pay is less than a lot of areas, but so is cost of living. Morgan County SO is very competitive in the salary range. If I ever decide to move back home, I will be begging for a job with MCSO.

Comment

gwinnett county police (right outside atlanta). always hiring, fast process, take home car, 700+ officers
            Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Originally posted by diezl View Post
              Hey all,

I recently decided to pursue a career in law enforcement. I am nearly complete my associates in Criminal Justice, completely clean background, driving, and credit. I am a current Pennsylvania resident who is eager to relocate down south to either Georgia or Alabama. I am now in background phase for Savannah Metro Police and was wondering if there were any Police/Sheriffs in Alabama that had an "out of state friendly" time frame?

For example Savannah gives you the Physical, civil service test, oral board and polygraph over a 2-3 day window even if you're local. Are there any depts that process like this or similar to this in Alabama? Thanks in advance.
              No, not really (for Alabama). I was an AL cop, then went fed and left AL, then came back to AL LE. In my epxerience there were no agencies (at least in the Birmingham metro area) that had "consolidated" hiring processes for out-of-state applicants. That said, I know Hoover PD has hired some out-of-state applicants, but they were certified cops in another state, and I believe they tend to hire primarily former military or cops from other departments.
              sigpic

Comment

Tuscaloosa. I think they start around 42k if I remember from their website.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3973 users online. 214 members and 3759 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X